Fox's Chocolatey Milk Chocolate Rounds

Chocolate Hobnobs

Fox's Jam'n Cream

Shortbread, got to gave a decent bit of salt in them 

The Humble Custard Cream is worthy

I do love a biscuit though.

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, bickster said:

We've talked about biscuits before but they really do deserve their own thread being the food of the gods that they are.

So to start the debate, a question.

Is the chocolate on the top or the bottom of a McVities Chocolate Digestive?

faitaol0i8la1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Bottom. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

Wagon Wheels are foul. Little discs of chip board and polystyrene covered in the sort of brown shit that even Anglian Water would be embarrassed to tip into a river.

Our local corner shop run by a lovely Sri Lankan family stocks garibaldi* biscuits, the first time I've seen them anywhere for years. Easily the best biscuit for dunking into tea.

* Squashed Fly Biscuits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm convinced someone used to make chocolate covered Garibaldi biscuits when I was young. I have yet to discover whether this was a figment of my imagination.

Why they aren't a thing now also perplexes me

100% these were a thing.  Only way I would eat one.  My Dad loves them the degenerate.

• Haha 1

Finally a thread where I can flex some expertise.

I have an unhealthy addiction to biscuits, big fan of chocolate chip cookies (Maryland as standard but there are more luxurious options out there, including Sainsburys’ own quadrupole chocolate biscuits, which frankly are like sex in a packet).

Chocolate hob-nobs, McVities shorties, Malted Milk, Coconut Rings and if I’m after a healthy option, Fruit Shortcake.

Boom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Finally a thread where I can flex some expertise.

I have an unhealthy addiction to biscuits, big fan of chocolate chip cookies (Maryland as standard but there are more luxurious options out there, including Sainsburys’ own quadrupole chocolate biscuits, which frankly are like sex in a packet).

Chocolate hob-nobs, McVities shorties, Malted Milk, Coconut Rings and if I’m after a healthy option, Fruit Shortcake.

Boom.

That made me laugh so much everyone started staring at me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Also on this subject what the Americans call biscuits are scones. I presume they changed the name because they didn't know how to say it correctly :mrgreen: 

Ah now. To be fair, an American “biscuit” with breakfast is a truly wonderful thing. They look like scones but the ones she makes are amazing, melt in the mouth treats. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Ah now. To be fair, an American “biscuit” with breakfast is a truly wonderful thing. They look like scones but the ones she makes are amazing, melt in the mouth treats. 

If you wanna eat cake with gravy thats up to you you deviant :D (But there's another thread for that)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Nobody has mentioned Choco Leibniz which imo are the best of the foreign imports.

This. All day.

Milk Chocolate Hobnobs are the greatest though. Best method of eating is to stack two with chocolate sides facing and then a quick dunk in a cuppa tea. Perfection.

As for McVities saying the chocolate on Chocolate Digestives is on the bottom, I've yet to witness somebody eat one - in the wild, unprompted - with it the chocolate side down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'll raise you a Lotus Caramelised Biscuit

A solid biscuit, but often served stale and tends to fall apart under pressure. Choco Leibniz a more consistent and versatile performer in my experience 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Is the chocolate on the top or the bottom of a McVities Chocolate Digestive?

Irrelevant question. The 🍪 goes tub to mouth in 0.2 seconds to avoid air contamination. Sides are fragment of imagination

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Risso said:

Wagon Wheels are foul. Little discs of chip board and polystyrene covered in the sort of brown shit that even Anglian Water would be embarrassed to tip into a river.

Our local corner shop run by a lovely Sri Lankan family stocks garibaldi biscuits, the first time I've seen them anywhere for years. Easily the best biscuit for dunking into tea.

Had a wagon wheel for the first time in years over Xmas, bought some for ze germqn in laws, they're definitely not what I remember from school packed lunches, germans hated them

Garabaldi on the other hand they loved they're an underrated biscuit, great with tea and unfortunately because of how they're packed you do of course have to eat the whole strip...

My mum (although I suspect actually my girlfriend these days, as mum now lives abroad) has bought me a tin of these every Christmas since I was about 10, during which time the size of the tin has changed from one layer to four layers.

I found a way to take these to a whole new level this year combining them with a cup/glass of hot Chocomel for dipping.

Changed my life big time.

D5E4F54F-3863-40BD-8CD8-5C88B1CE60FB.jpeg

Edited by bannedfromHandV

2 hours ago, choffer said:

When does a biscuit become a cookie?

2 hours ago, bickster said:

When it is brought up to abuse the English language

And I'm sad to report that the VT emoticons do not recognize Biscuits as part of the world order.

cmEltZB.png

Y2bSPKs.png

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Â