Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure Brennan is a great fit for us - he'd be back up to Diaby you'd have thought. He's a decent fit for Spurs though, they need to replace Son.

We played Cash over Bailey yesterday?

Would take Johnson over Bailey every day of the week.

7 minutes ago, John said:

Selling those two would kill our season and UE would be the next one through the out door, if it happened. These people just refuse to accept that we are no longer a selling club and the prices quoted would be ludicrous, even if we were. We should counter this rubbish by making bids of £40m for Saka and £60m for Salah, to see how they like it. :angry:

I was thinking 20m and a months supply of Shababs baltis 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

Jas I love your energy and commitment to this forum dude, but there is nothing in this post that most sensible people cannot see.

This is a different Villa, whereby Emery/Monchi are in lock step in what they want, not just buying for the sake of it! (I am not saying anything new here either! 😁)

Good times! 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Ferran Torres been excellent for Barca last two games. Dembele leaving them also added to him staying. 

I can't see where we'd get an attacker from this late now. 

He played 33 minutes in the last 2 games including a 5 minute performance, he has had good cameos but not excellent

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Ferran Torres been excellent for Barca last two games. Dembele leaving them also added to him staying. 

I can't see where we'd get an attacker from this late now. 

I'm certain there are options under consideration from the powers that be.  Didn't know too much about Zaniolo before he signed so no stress mate .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

We played Cash over Bailey yesterday?

Would take Johnson over Bailey every day of the week.

Bailey is more a left attacking winger.

Johnson is of a attacking central / right midfield?.

I'd take someone like.. I don't know.. say Cheisa for arguments sake - over Bailey - every day of the week.

That way you're adding more quality to the position and adaptability too, and he would be seen as an upgrade on Bailey, rather than spinning the same money on Johnson.

Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Tbh, I’d still be happy to move Digne on but ONLY if we brought in a genuinely better or “higher potential” (younger) option… otherwise no. We can shift those wages later… better to use him if he’s playing well and got plenty in the tank… less urgency to do so if Phil leaves who is a lot less useful.

I want the LB to be able to defend too, even if he’s bombing on.

Cash? I don’t think we need cover, I think he needs genuine competition. Far too comfortable and unchallenged.

I don’t see Konsa as that, he is not direct “competition” but an alternative in the way we set up and play. I like him in that role too and am excited about the Pau and Diego partnership. The problem is… we need Ezri at CB too and the other two can’t play every single game.

Again, we may have cover or players able to play there but… it’s downgrading and fitting players in (Chambers can do a job, maybe Dendoncker and Kamara can too but… playing players out of their natural/favoured positions can be risky).

We haven’t replaced Young in the squad who was usually playing over Matty (although he had his fair share of knocks and involvement at WC, would have played more otherwise - will be a lot better and more useful for us this season).

-

I think we have “cover” but that’s not good enough or reflective of our ambitions or intent…

We need competition, genuine quality, if we want to have an amazing season… especially with all the games we have to play.

Generally how I feel......but on this offensive form, he has to stay with us.

54 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Twitter rumour mill saying Arse bidding £40m for Watkins, Liverpool £60m for Luiz.

Why do they think we bend over and accept that shit?

spacer.png

I’m not concerned in the slightest and it would take a hell of a lot more than that for bids to even be considered.

There were already reports, early on in the window, that offers were rejected for big/important players “out of hand” or immediately…

We’re a different outfit these days and are looking to compete with the big boys rather than be subservient to them…

I honestly think that any of our players would be mad or stupid to even consider leaving when we are riding such a wave and they are receiving such an education in the Unai-versity…

The people we have employed in positions of control/power are far too credible and experienced now too…

We won’t be losing important assets this close to the end of the window… especially if we weren’t interested in listening to offers early on…

They can all p*ss off…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When does the window SLAM shut? 

Because we seem to be leaving it rather late with the reinforcements. 

11pm on 1st Septmber Mike.

I believe we were always going to be leaving a few of our targets until the very late stages of the window.

Factors being that any said player might want to see where we are in the league before deciding, have we qualified for group stages of ECL, who else has signed for us etc.

Hopefully we get those targets over the line this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good question. But Martinez  waant fancied there either. Arteta is a strange one at times

Good point there but… tbf… Emi was performing brilliantly there (one of the best players and certainly goalkeepers in the league during lockdown) and helped win a couple of trophies with them… they just didn’t value him highly enough and blundered by preferring Leno when he came back from injury…

Don’t think Tavares ever looked good for them?

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'd take someone like.. I don't know.. say CHIESA for arguments sake - over Bailey - every day of the week.

That way you're adding more quality to the position and adaptability too, and he would be seen as an upgrade on Bailey, rather than spinning the same money on Johnson.

Just my opinion though.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You are relentless man.

What happens when the transfer window closes? Hibernation until January?

I’m gonna piss off 😂  pissflaps 🫡

Edited by Jas10
  • Haha 2

I don't see the prudence in the Johnson interest.

• Firstly he is not prolific enough to warrant such a lofty transfer fee.
  • Secondly, we want diversity, he is too similar to what we already have.
  • Thirdly we have young players, not far behind him in terms of goal threat, and one has just been sold.

I think we are entering a zone, where Johnson, is not consistent enough for us....I could be wrong of course.

• Like 2

Based on the average time between first Romano tweet and the confirmation of deal done by the club - it doesn't look like we're going to get anything significant done at this stage. Unless the club can do another Ings type deal without a trace of a rumour.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John said:

no longer a selling club and the prices quoted would be ludicrous, even if we were. We should counter this rubbish by making bids of £40m for Saka and £60m for Salah, to see how they like it. :angry:

Ooh I love this…

Let’s just do it for the bants 😂

Maybe they’re wearing their pee pee pants…

Unai’s claret and blue army are marching onwards and upwards!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Bailey is more a left attacking winger.

Johnson is of a attacking central / right midfield?.

I'd take someone like.. I don't know.. say Cheisa for arguments sake - over Bailey - every day of the week.

Just my opinion though.

Bailey plays as left footed right winger cutting in, Brennan Johnson would play other side as right footer cutting in off left.

That said, Emery wants that fluidity and flexibility up top.  Cash inverting inside Diaby yesterday a case in point.

Think we would all take Chiesa,  just not sure how realistic it is to get him?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't see the prudence in the Johnson interest.

• Firstly he is not prolific enough to warrant such a lofty transfer fee.
  • Secondly, we want diversity, he is too similar to what we already have.
  • Thirdly we have young players, not far behind him in terms of goal threat, and one has just been sold.

I think we are entering a zone, where Johnson, is not consistent enough for us....I could be wrong of course.

Two words, raw pace!

You can coach the rest, pace you either have or don’t 

• Like 1