Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

The fees are v small particularly for JPB which suggests to me that the board are rushing a sale so that we can do some more business this transfer window with the FFP increased capacity.

Even if JPB wants leave/have first team football ordinarily you’d surely loan him so that he can be in the shop window and fetch a higher fee next year. The only reason to sell now is if we want to buy now as well 

It suggests to me no club is really interested or rates him as highly as some fans do. If we didn’t have the PL distortion field, perhaps that’s his true value?

Transfer window has never been so unpredictable for us at this stage, by now we usually have a pretty good idea on what's going to happen in terms of knowing where we're going to strengthen or attempt to, but as it stands at the moment any number of different things could happen, we could still make an handful of signings yet, and seems an whole bunch could leave yet too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It suggests to me no club is really interested or rates him as highly as some fans do. If we didn’t have the PL distortion field, perhaps that’s his true value?

hang on is this the same philogene that looked every part a first team starter in preseason and had Liverpool fishing around for him.  how is £5m a good price.  if there's a buy back then fair enough but if not £5m is a joke

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

hang on is this the same philogene that looked every part a first team starter in preseason and had Liverpool fishing around for him.  how is £5m a good price.  if there's a buy back then fair enough but if not £5m is a joke

https://x.com/greggevans40/status/1693534371259527354?s=61&t=7BneOdoj-6Dz_z6GoxSNNw

Seemingly Emery wanted him in the squad this campaign, but Philogene wanted minutes. We have a buy back. Can’t argue with the market? Is he out of contract at the end of this year?

It also suggests we need better?

Edited by thunderball

1 hour ago, useless said:

Philogene is insisting he wants to go and play, so the choice is to either loan him or sell him, loan would be risky as all it would take is a season plagued by injury which for him wouldn't be uncommon, meaning he wouldn't be able to get game time, and would therefore lose value, or selling him for six million with buy-back so we will get a decent chunk of money for him however well he does at Hull, and also still have the possibility of bringing him back.

Not really sure why people think £6m is such a low fee, it isn't, he did very well second half of last season, but also he's been plagued by injuries and doesn't have much time left on his Villa deal, if you asked me at the start of the summer how much we could get for him with buy-back I would have guessed around two or three million, and would be doing well to get more than five million without buy-back.

Do we have buy back?

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

£6m for Davis and Philogene isn't so bad imo.  Neither have really performed that well in their Championship loan spells. 

It instead great when we would have got £15m for Davis alone if those idiots Watford had gone up.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Are we raising funds to make a statement signing to elevate the team… before the window closes?

Certainly feels like it…

I expect several additions but just feel like a real “big signing” is on the way…

to take us to that next level…

If we lose archer and JPB you’d assume we have signings coming in 

• Like 1

So Baleba is going to Brighton for £25.6mill and they’re also now linked with Ernest Nuamah… Two youngsters who will no doubt double or treble in value. 

Anyway back to Villa … Gone off the Torres signing for no real reason and thinking it will be Felix or a surprise big name addition … 

17 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If we lose archer and JPB you’d assume we have signings coming in 

Yeah, there are definitely signings coming in and Unai and Monchi have covered it in their comments…

I just wonder if there’s one “top class addition” rather than players to fill gaps or provide competition/cover.

A signing that will elevate us even further…

We’ll just have to wait and see… not long left now…

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, there are definitely signings coming in and Unai and Monchi have covered it in their comments…

I just wonder if there’s one “top class addition” rather than players to fill gaps or provide competition/cover.

A signing that will elevate us even further…

We’ll just have to wait and see… not long left now…

I’d be shocked if we haven’t tried or are trying for felix

Torres will unlikely move having played and scored for Barca yesterday. Felix just feels like it won’t happen and any deal would have no future as he see himself only destined for Barca.

Goncalves is still available, as is Vlahovic and Chiesa. Maybe we are putting as much money in the pot to land a top drawer signing. We still haven’t replaced Ings.

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Torres will unlikely move having played and scored for Barca yesterday. Felix just feels like it won’t happen and any deal would have no future as he see himself only destined for Barca.

Goncalves is still available, as is Vlahovic and Chiesa. Maybe we are putting as much money in the pot to land a top drawer signing. We still haven’t replaced Ings.

He only played 5 minutes though and stayed on the bench first match so looks like he's available to me. Even then you could say Digne is set to leave us but playing and Archer came on too.

41 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’d be shocked if we haven’t tried or are trying for felix

I’m sure we’ve enquired again, since we were so interested in January and Unai is obviously a fan…

But I’m not bothered about him or ever saw that as a realistic move tbh… there are alternatives… and possibly better ones who would impact us more effectively…

as everyone has been made well aware of… my dream is Chiesa 😂 but it’s another I don’t expect (though feels more likely, attainable and affordable compared to Felix… maybe Zaniolo can change his mind 😆 he himself may turn out to be a star too…).

Links to Goncalves have been equivalent to tumbleweed for a while now…

The name doesn’t matter… it’s the quality and effect that player can have that matters most… Unai’s favoured and highest rated targets…

I guess, what I was trying to say was… will we bring in any more arguably “transformative” signings such as Pau and Diaby? 

Rather than players like, I dunno Acuna for instance, who would more “help out” and bolster the squad…

We can’t really rule anything out and I don’t think anyone outside of the club actually has the foggiest in terms of how much we have available in our transfer kitty…

• Like 1