Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, he could well do. We've got talented players in defence but we need to play to their strengths. 

So we've got a backline of Scott Hogans.... Brilliant!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Would anyone actually take Maguire right now?  

I was expecting the press to link us to him this weekend, on balance I would probably prefer to have Axel Tuanzebe back as cover, he would be cheaper as a free agent too. ;) 

8 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

We need a RB, Striker and Winger on the left, I’d also argue another defensive midfielder as I worry about Kamara 

We've got a number of players who could come in for Kamara IMO.

Tielmans being the most obvious choice, but I reckon even Chambers, Torres could cover there at worst.

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I keep seeing Villa fans on Twitter talking about Laporte…are we linked with him or are they trying talk it into existence?

Think they’re trying to talk it into existence. But I don’t think we need another left sided CB. At least not £30 million for a placeholder until Moreno/Mings returns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

City just signed a 100m new center back , we can try Laporte , he should be good under Emery style of play 

Signing Laporte would signal to me that we think mings’s career at villa is likely over. He’s far too good/expensive as a stop gap for a year and assuming mings returns to full fitness we’d then be absolutely stacked in CB with 6 players 5 of which would reasonably expect to be starters 

Having reflected, I’m not convinced we need another CB. Torres and Konsa should be good enough for the first team and Carlos and chambers can step in for cup games.

If we have the £20m-£30m (or higher) which Laporte would cost available, we should be spending it on a new right back/a forward 

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Think they’re trying to talk it into existence. But I don’t think we need another left sided CB. At least not £30 million for a placeholder until Moreno/Mings returns.

A fit Laporte probably starts for Villa whoever else is available. He’d also be very expensive and I don’t think we could afford him this window.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

For depth 

30 million is what they want for him plus 225k wages or something like that. 

Laporte would be better, if the plan was to get a replacement for mings would rather him than maguire for same sorts of money.

Would rather get a solid quality right back, zaniolo and another quality physical player as we just looked powder puff yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Nonsense. Adams, Gnonto and Wan-Basaka are Premiership ready while a lot of Everton’s signings were not.

Adams can play at RB plus as a DM and is pacey. Perfect squad addition. As previously pointed out by another poster it’s not unusual for a player to refuse selection to force a move. Gnonto would be a vast improvement on Bailey. Wan-Basaka is one of the best defensive RBs in the Premiership, is much better defensively than Cash which is exactly what Emery wants for that position.

You’ve been watching Everton too long!  This is not something we should do and I’m thankful that it’s very unlikely Emery will do this…I could see Everton doing this as I’ve said before with them already bidding for Gnonto and them liking ManU players, and Adams is a Dyche type player.  Hopefully we are aiming higher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Carlos (if he's healed) and Torres should be a great CB partnership with time. I'm more worries about the full back situation so that's where I hope we act asap. 

Digne is OK but hugely expensive for a rotation guy and it feels like he might be off if we get a offer. Moreno obviously fantastic but not fit yet. Cash, again is OK as back up but shouldn't be our starting RB if we want to compete. And then there are guys who are not really full backs like Konsa, Torres and Chambers.

We badly need help at full back and ideally we need a new starting RB. A new CB would be nice too if Mings is seriously injured as it seems. But full back is a must.

Someone who could fill in at both would be nice wouldn't it.

Emery must not have liked Young behind the scenes. I'd have him over Digne every day of the week. I think he'd have stopped that first goal yesterday.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Would anyone actually take Maguire right now?  

No.

• Like 1

Geertruida would give us cover at RB/CB and DM. Allow us Konsa/Geertruida as RCB and then Torres/Carlos as LCB as well as playing him at RB or DM. 

Covers three positions with one signing. 

I’d also look to beat Brighton to Gourna-Douarth from Salzburg (pick up Karim Konate whilst we’re there)

Bring in Zanioli to cover for Buendia and then get Gouiri for that LW/IF position. Gouiri can cover for Watkins too. 

Two major signings, a loan and two possible youth prospects and we’d be good to go. 

• Like 2