Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

59 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Liverpool to pay 111 million pounds for Caicedo, bloke has been here 1 season. Bloody Hell.

He absolutely isn’t worth that either, I mean no one is, but £111m … it’s gone mad

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He absolutely isn’t worth that either, I mean no one is, but £111m … it’s gone mad

I find the problem with judging the value of player transfers is they nearly all seem ridiculous. I end up trying to ignore what's going on in the world of football finance and just focus on my own enjoyment at Villa Park, hoping it still represents value.

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

I find the problem with judging the value of player transfers is they nearly all seem ridiculous. I end up trying to ignore what's going on in the world of football finance and just focus on my own enjoyment at Villa Park, hoping it still represents value.

Yeah I agree, it’s best to forget the money side of things, or it becomes a distraction and an inevitable arms race between fans. 
I suppose the only way it could potentially get sorted is if FIFA (hotbed of corruption) impose a worldwide spending limit… but it’ll never happen. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wouldn't swap a single one for him either

Yep, same here. I really like our players… and I love the way Unai has us playing - something I’d dreamed of for many years… it’s finally a reality… hope this continues to be the most enjoyable period as a fan…

We actually do have a “nice, honest bunch of lads” now, but they can also play 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He is young, has a lot of potential, and is owned by an ambitious club that doesn't want to sell him. Price sounds about right imo.

Hmm, I think it’s a touch too much. Using Grealish as a yardstick, he hasn’t done anywhere near as much nor has as much potential in my opinion. He’s very good though, don’t get me wrong! 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Would anyone here actually start Caicedo at Villa if our squad was fully available?

Not ahead of Kamara as DM, and I don't think he's better than Douglas Luiz further up the field either.

This signing is bonkers.

Wonder if Brighton will come knocking for Dendoncker. Probably not, but we really need to start bringing some money in to continue the Emery rebuild.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Not ahead of Kamara as DM, and I don't think he's better than Douglas Luiz further up the field either.

This signing is bonkers.

Wonder if Brighton will come knocking for Dendoncker. Probably not, but we really need to start bringing some money in to continue the Emery rebuild.

I agree, its bonkers. 

Brighton will sign two or three absolute unknowns from South America who will turn out to be incredible and roll on. They always do. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Would anyone here actually start Caicedo at Villa if our squad was fully available?

I’ve not watched him too much or too closely, but on the rare occasions… he’s never stood out to me nor looked exceptional. Barely noticed him when we have faced Brighton and beaten them.

Is he drastically better than Bissouma too? Who everyone raved about constantly??

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I agree, its bonkers. 

Brighton will sign two or three absolute unknowns from South America who will turn out to be incredible and roll on. They always do. 

When their bids go in, just outbid them.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Hmm, I think it’s a touch too much. Using Grealish as a yardstick, he hasn’t done anywhere near as much nor has as much potential in my opinion. He’s very good though, don’t get me wrong! 

Yeah, I was just going to touch on this… a top attacking talent like JG, and how valued and key he was for the club… the price seemed “right” in terms of the market n climate (as mental as it is)… spending more on a midfielder who doesn’t really score or assist (must be amazing defensively) doesn’t make as much sense…

Oh well… happy to see other teams overspend 😆

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I agree, its bonkers. 

Hmmmm.. People would have said the same about wolves not so long ago - just substitute Portugal for South America. 

It's not a long-term viable plan. 

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Hmmmm.. People would have said the same about wolves not so long ago - just substitute Portugal for South America. 

They most certainly would not have said that about Wolves, name more than one time they have bought cheap from nowhere and sold hyper-high? 

Wolves were, and always have been, since Fosun, a pop up shop for a certain Portuguese agent to wheel and deal his clients in and out. 

Brighton have been buying and selling exceptionally well for years now, and I have absolutely no doubt that they will continue to do so whilst they have De Zerbi in charge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Yeah it’s a fair point, you do need to actually hold on to a few players if you want to have some form of success  and progression, continuity etc… 

However, that £111m is going to massively help Brighton and perhaps alter their approach a little…

• Like 1