Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Critical we add to the squad now after the Buendia news. Absolutely gutted and just such a kick in the stomach for any optimism for the season. He was an important player. 

Just like Carlos early last season 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Romano has said we are pushing for him, he's well known to Monchi, plus Buendia injured, so why are you not " convinced " we are after him?

Re poor signing, don't know enough about him to add anything though.

Unless BBC and Sky are reporting it then I have doubts. Monchi signed him for Roma and he spent most of his time injured. Then went to Galatasary for 16.5 m euros plus 13m euros in add ons. Half a season later they're willing to sell for 30million euros (what they paid for him). This kind of deal seems very risky to me.

I trust in Emery's vision and managerial abilty, but Monchi has to prove himself. Zaniolo is a huge risk.

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I thought that but already done. Wonder if they will think twice on Aaron Ramsey though, don’t think that’s sealed yet. 

Na… Unai confirmed it and explained his view on young players during his presser, after commenting on Emi’s injury. 

Suggested (after responding to the question) that we were likely to do similar with Archer but also see him as part of our long term plans…

We have serious ambitions this season, more signings on the way - our highest priority is not developing our youngsters here… they will be sent out (whether on loan or sold) to get game time and we have the opportunities to bring them back if they impress…

Finally, everything about us screams “big club” again, as well as “ambition” and “intent”… we want and need strong and effective players to launch an assault on all competitions… Unai also stated that our priority is the Premier League, followed by Europe… but we want to be competitive in every competition…”we will need players”…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Unless BBC and Sky are reporting it then I have doubts. Monchi signed him for Roma and he spent most of his time injured. Then went to Galatasary for 16.5 m euros plus 13m euros in add ons. Half a season later they're willing to sell for 30million euros (what they paid for him). This kind of deal seems very risky to me.

I trust in Emery's vision and managerial abilty, but Monchi has to prove himself. Zaniolo is a huge risk.

I’d imagine since he’s only been there six months he hasn’t met the criteria for the add-ins. So selling for 30 would be profitable on the 16.5.

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I mean, it's a football forum. I actually sort of do want to hear what you lot think. I suspect that the working assumption of most of us here is that our posts on VT have about as much impact on Aston Villa's transfers as my yelling at the telly when Ollie misses affect his game.

I'd argue that in the case of Felix, he also considers himself "special," too, perhaps a bit too much, and what Unai thinks, consequently, may matter less than we'd hope.

So it has been you all along!

• Haha 1

If we sign another midfielder and a forward we should be ok. We won't get someone as good as Buendia but Coutinho is fragile and we can't just have Ramsey for LM for the season. He's injured himself. 

We need that attacking 8 for LM and it's more important than another forward imo. We can play Coutinho as the second striker role but not really LM free 8 role.

Trying to stay positive that we have the window open and 3+ weeks to sort this out. Whoever we bring in hopefully can stay in squad longer term after next summer and we move Bailey and Coutinho on then. 

• Like 2

Very simple or basic point… but I enjoyed what Luke had to say on the UTV podcast…

”OK” is not good enough for Unai, we are not messing about, in no way are we “done” in this window…

We want to achieve as much as is possible and feasible… stronger and more effective players give you a better chance at that… only the youngsters that are deemed ready and capable will be involved, otherwise they will be sent out to develop further and decisions will be made on them in future…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we sign another midfielder and a forward we should be ok. We won't get someone as good as Buendia but Coutinho is fragile and we can't just have Ramsey for LM for the season. He's injured himself. 

We need that attacking 8 for LM and it's more important than another forward imo. We can play Coutinho as the second striker role but not really LM free 8 role.

Trying to stay positive that we have the window open and 3+ weeks to sort this out. Whoever we bring in hopefully can stay in squad longer term after next summer and we move Bailey and Coutinho on then. 

It would also be nice if Bailey could sort himself and get back in form, you know? We need to get our In-Form Bailey back.