Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I'd ban them from signing any more players should be put under a transfer embargo for selling Aaron Ramsey our best academy player who is more than good enough to be part of our first team squad.

• Confused 2

Seems to suggest and add credence to the idea/fact that there will be more outgoing and incoming players… more business to do…

As some of us had assumed and stated… Unai and Monchi have greater capacity, better resources, to act in the market than at previous clubs…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd ban them from signing any more players should be put under a transfer embargo for selling Aaron Ramsey our best academy player who is more than good enough to be part of our first team squad.

Yes because some VT user with the handle 'useless' will definitely know more about Ramsey's potential than 4x EL winner Unai Emery 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

Defensive stats are misleading. Players in teams at the bottom of the league have more defending to do, therefore will have better stats than players in the top teams. Adam’s defensive actions are better than Rodri’s. Who would you choose?

But you are not arguing with me, you are arguing with Emery?

People have conflicting views on the potential/rumoured Aaron Ramsey move… but maybe it’s seen as more of a “glorified loan” and gives us greater capacity to strengthen the team and bring in one, maybe two, players to properly impact and elevate that first eleven…?

He can develop there, gets to play in the PL (which I don’t think he would get to for us this season,  not for a significant amount of time/games at this point) and if he looks the part… we can bring him back in the not too distant future… we could also negotiate a lesser buyback fee or clause if they get relegated too… a win-win situation for us?

I think there is a lot of ambition at the club, particularly from Unai, and we want to achieve as much as possible/feasible, asap… and therefore need to inject that first team with genuine quality that will elevate us even further… I don’t think any of our youngsters are ready to quite do that… yet.

Another top class player coming into our side will help us even more… make us more dangerous and effective..

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes because some VT user with the handle 'useless' will definitely know more about Ramsey's potential than 4x EL winner Unai Emery 😂

Queue another “great comment by me” when he becomes Burnley’s POTS 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seems to suggest and add credence to the idea/fact that there will be more outgoing and incoming players… more business to do…

As some of us had assumed and stated… Unai and Monchi have greater capacity, better resources, to act in the market than at previous clubs…

I'm sure Mr Bardell and others have said he'd be happy if we were done in the market already.

He's been saying three new bodies in is about right - when you start getting up to five, six or seven, that's too much change.

Who knows, but that didn't seem right to me. I think we are on a mission and more is needed.

1 hour ago, useless said:

What on earth are you on about ?

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But does that process mean that bad signings were done by purslow and purslow alone??

Sorry, don’t quite understand what point/comment you’re specifically pointing to…?

It’s hard to find “guarantees”… you’ve just got to try and set yourself up in the best possible way, be as “prepared” and have researched as much as possible in this context…

No one can guarantee we won’t make another bad/failed signing but we should, hopefully, increase the probability or percentage of likelihood that we make successful and top quality signings…

Purslow wasn’t solely or massively responsible for many signings, Suso and Lange have been given plenty of criticism too 😆

From what I’ve read in the past, Purslow did make some gaffes… such as going for Drinkwater when Suso wanted N’Zonzi… played a big part in the Barkley (initially looked a masterstroke but turned sour quickly and failed miserably really)… and, of course, was responsible for the clown we had in charge before the master we now have… but he also did a lot right…

No one’s flawless (except maybe Unai 😆) but you’ve got to be diligent and work hard to make good decisions… not lean on your own ego or status but put the necessary graft and research in…

Dunno if any of that made sense 😂

Sorry 😴 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I'm sure Mr Bardell and others have said he'd be happy if we were done in the market already.

He's been saying three new bodies in is about right - when you start getting up to five, six or seven, that's too much change.

Who knows, but that didn't seem right to me. I think we are on a mission and more is needed.

I think that’s more opinion than fact… Dan knows a little but doesn’t have anywhere near as much insight as many may assume…

Unai’s already commented on it in the preseason pressers, in US. We are active, players to be moved out and we’re monitoring things and ready to act on opportunities - more likely toward the end of August. We probably would be fairly satisfied or confident to go into the season as we are,  but if there are good opportunities to further strengthen and add extra quality… we will act…

1 hour ago, useless said:

Yeah let's not continue progressing as a club because you're upset we've sold an academy player. If we win silverware and continue progressing I couldn't give a crap who we sell and buy. If we don't questions can be asked then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think that’s more opinion than fact… Dan knows a little but doesn’t have anywhere near as much insight as many may assume…

Unai’s already commented on it in the preseason pressers, in US. We are active, players to be moved out and we’re monitoring things and ready to act on opportunities - more likely toward the end of August. We probably would be fairly satisfied or confident to go into the season as we are,  but if there are good opportunities to further strengthen and add extra quality… we will act…

It's definitely his opinion.

Agree with your assessment and I think there will be more.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sorry, don’t quite understand what point/comment you’re specifically pointing to…?

It’s hard to find “guarantees”… you’ve just got to try and set yourself up in the best possible way, be as “prepared” and have researched as much as possible in this context…

No one can guarantee we won’t make another bad/failed signing but we should, hopefully, increase the probability or percentage of likelihood that we make successful and top quality signings…

Purslow wasn’t solely or massively responsible for many signings, Suso and Lange have been given plenty of criticism too 😆

From what I’ve read in the past, Purslow did make some gaffes… such as going for Drinkwater when Suso wanted N’Zonzi… played a big part in the Barkley (initially looked a masterstroke but turned sour quickly and failed miserably really)… and, of course, was responsible for the clown we had in charge before the master we now have… but he also did a lot right…

No one’s flawless (except maybe Unai 😆) but you’ve got to be diligent and work hard to make good decisions… not lean on your own ego or status but put the necessary graft and research in…

Dunno if any of that made sense 😂

Sorry 😴

My point was the way monchi describes it sounds brilliant... But also exactly like what we did with lange / suso / purslow / Smith / Gerrard

I hate the whole "definitely a purslow signing" criticism, don't think thats how we've ever operated

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What on earth are you on about ?

Tbf to him, he follows the youngsters closely and has a “passion” for that side of the game/club… so probably more of an emotional (possibly jokey) comment than a serious statement…

Many of us fans have different views… for example, many would like us to build around and integrate our youth as soon as possible, others would prefer us to spend on high quality, maybe more established/senior players, and focus on that side more… and then there are many people in between….

It’s kind of funny how invested and emotional we all get about our club…. but it’s all good as long as we treat each other with respect rather than argue and shout at each other…

Anyway, it’s good times now with Unai here… we should just sit back and relax really… and try to enjoy it for a change! 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It's definitely his opinion.

Agree with your assessment and I think there will be more.

Such an exciting time isn’t it?

We’re already a stronger and better outfit…

but that little bit of extra “stardust” would make us even stronger, properly formidable and dangerous and make the “big clubs” shit their pants 😂

I LOVE UNAI!! 😂

• Thanks 1