Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hard to know.  

Everyone is reporting Diaby as £42m + £10m add-ons = £52m.

With one exception that is Ornstein who is reporting it as £35m + £7m add-ons.  

Who to believe?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Hard to know.  

Who to believe?

I’d be surprised if Ornstein got it wrong…

Also read that maybe we got away with a lower up front free because of the PSG sell on clause and “made it up” to Bayer with significant add ons… more appealing to them possibly…

Overall fee could be 50+ but depending on those clauses…

🤷‍♂️

“Now we are happy. The squad has good balance. You have to be ready for (another) transfer and to add if it is good for us. We expect players to leave.

“We want a small family and to start strong, knowing better our structure. We know the big challenge."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/unai-emery-outlines-moussa-diaby-30531413

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Regarding transfer activity, I take it as…

We’re only going to go for top quality if and when it’s available (at a reasonable cost)… but would be happy to go into the season as is, if it isn’t… 

Happy with the base of the squad and unity…

Let’s go!

Quality not quantity 

-

Unai has been talking in a press conference today, would be nice to get some footage…

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Hard to know.  

Who to believe?

Sounds like Ornstein has taken it as €42m rather than £42m the others are going with 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

"Close to completing" = one more top drawer signing, then potential squad depth, minor signings if sales allow

Goalie, Midfielders and centre backs i would put up against all but Citeh  Arsenal and Liverpool as some of the strongest units in the league . Maybe even liverpools new midfield would be a good match up. 

23 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

"Close to completing" = one more top drawer signing, then potential squad depth, minor signings if sales allow

I think I mostly agree with you there. 

I imagine Unai is happy with the squad in the main but knows we're light in certain areas, such as right back and striker cover (barring the young Archer and Duran)

I can see us getting in another RB at least and go for a striker if the right deal presents itself.

We'll focus now on a few outs to trim the squad and recoup wages etc. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Sounds like we are done for incomings this summer (unless some amazing deal crops up)…. It’s all about the outgoings now.

No chance. We’ll see at least one more high level player come in who can play across the front line. 

• Like 3

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

No chance. We’ll see at least one more high level player come in who can play across the front line. 

In a perfect world yes. But maybe he is impressed wirh Cam Aaron and Jaden and wants to give them a shot. Currently we can cover the following postions with what we have 

Striker     Ollie Cam Duran Diaby 

Left Wing   JJ  Diaby Bailey AJ  Jaden Coutinho

Right wing  Diaby Bailey McGinn Jaden AJ 

No 10  Buendia Tielemans Coutho  McGinn Jaden AJ 

I agree i would like another high quality player up front. BUT we are stronger there than i realised, albeit with lots of players with potential. 

• Like 1