Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Lads theres a player we were linked with before his move who imo has been overlooked tremendously and thats Michael Olise he racked up ELEVEN assists last season and known for direct pace and trickery, by far better than bailey and has such a high ceiling with potential at the age of 21, I’ll be the one to say id rather us pay £42m for Olise than Diaby.

Emery would turn him into an absolute beast and the more I think about it this would be the ultimate signing for us , man city are heavily interested in him atm which tells you a great deal… but ive heard couple murmurs about him in the forum which have only been good but too rare.

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, he’d have struggled massively on the paltry premier league wages, don’t know how he’d possibly give three kids and a missus a decent life.

What are we talking here, the difference between giving them Bugatti’s instead of Porsche’s on their 17th birthdays?!

Exactly. If you can't setup your family's lives on premier league wages earning 100k a week for 5 years  then you need help managing money.

• Like 2

Starting to wonder if we will sign Ferran… it seems almost likely… and maybe even another player from Barca…

Not adored there, nor been on top form, but, more importantly, they have a 60 million Euro debt to clear and new signings as well as re-contracted players that they can’t register at this moment in time - the deadline is 31 August. 

Their overall, recorded, debt is 1.35 Billion Euros 😱

What a shit show…

They have to sell players…

Ferran, Kessie and Ansu-Fati(?!) are the most mentioned names in terms of most likely departures…

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Appreciate his honesty, and this is what I'm trying to tell people 🤷🏾‍♂️

FB_IMG_1689719269099-min.jpg

Yep 95% of people who get the opportunity to get that sort of money over a relatively short period in their life will take it for obvious reasons. having those tens of millions won't just set him up but generations of his family if he doesnt spaff it up the wall.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

That would be your decision, and more power to you. Other people might be satisfied with earning "just" 5m/year while playing in leagues with real standing and for historic clubs, but with the added bonus of avoiding playing for a morally decrepit political regime in a country where 110F temperatures are common and restrictions on women and LGBTQ people are brutal. Not everyone needs to make 30m/year to take care of their families. 

You are in the other 5% then 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Exactly. If you can't setup your family's lives on premier league wages earning 100k a week for 5 years  then you need help managing money.

and it is even easier to set that up with multiples of the premier league wage

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yep 95% of people who get the opportunity to get that sort of money over a relatively short period in their life will take it for obvious reasons. having those tens of millions won't just set him up but generations of his family if he doesnt spaff it up the wall.

Footballers spend money like gas fills space. It's called lifestyle creep and it doesn't matter how much they earn, they'll spend it.

It's why I'm glad I earn so very very little

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Footballers spend money like gas fills space. It's called lifestyle creep and it doesn't matter how much they earn, they'll spend it.

It's why I'm glad I earn so very very little

? What is this?

55 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Lads theres a player we were linked with before his move who imo has been overlooked tremendously and thats Michael Olise he racked up ELEVEN assists last season and known for direct pace and trickery, by far better than bailey and has such a high ceiling with potential at the age of 21, I’ll be the one to say id rather us pay £42m for Olise than Diaby.

Emery would turn him into an absolute beast and the more I think about it this would be the ultimate signing for us , man city are heavily interested in him atm which tells you a great deal… but ive heard couple murmurs about him in the forum which have only been good but too rare.

he just had to have surgery so is out for a few months. Also, I'd be stunned if he left Palace for us. City & Arsenal have been linked, don't see him choosing us over either of those. And he is a London guy as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RicRic said:

Very difficult to get him here. More likely to go to a "top 6" at this stage - maybe replacement for mahrez at City