Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

The difference is that our idiot left to win trophies.

This idiot has made it public knowledge that if he comes here, it’s literally because no other club on the planet want him.

Probably kicking himself that he never held out with his " loyalty " to us a couple more years to get his move to Al Nassr. Lol

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Doesn’t even need to be said.

it’s obvious, and anyone he begrudges any of these players is living in a fantasy world.

Anyone who pretends they wouldn’t do it, is an either lying, or has nothing to offer to anyone that would ever put them in a similar situation.

If I get an offer to boost my wages 10 fold by going to Saudi.  I’d bloody do it.

That would be your decision, and more power to you. Other people might be satisfied with earning "just" 5m/year while playing in leagues with real standing and for historic clubs, but with the added bonus of avoiding playing for a morally decrepit political regime in a country where 110F temperatures are common and restrictions on women and LGBTQ people are brutal. Not everyone needs to make 30m/year to take care of their families. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That would be your decision, and more power to you. Other people might be satisfied with earning "just" 5m/year while playing in leagues with real standing and for historic clubs, but with the added bonus of avoiding playing for a morally decrepit political regime in a country where 110F temperatures are common and restrictions on women and LGBTQ people are brutal. Not everyone needs to make 30m/year to take care of their families. 

* A morally decrepit regime that is protected by USA and Britain because of oil. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

In your eyes a morally decrepit, and likewise, you’re entitled to your opinion.

In my eyes the USA is the most corrupt nation on the planet - where Messi just went for a windfall.

Opinions.  Opinions. Opinions.  Yh, I’ll take my £500m and you can keep your misconceived moral high ground.  Power to you.

• Haha 1

Bored on a Tuesday night, so here's a random link. This was the rando who scored on his Italy debut against England.

Mateo Retegui is spending his last hours in Tigre. Between now and Saturday, if nothing strange happens, his sale will be closed. vs Libertad farewell. Genoa is on the lookout but is running from behind. As I told you, he is aiming for the Premier League. Aston Villa is an option. There are 2 others that I don't know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Felix / his agent are disrespectful.

Hope he rots where he is

He is an utter tool, who doesn’t deserve pursuing.  Brown nosing Barcelona - who I’m assuming do not reciprocate his love - is just desperate measures. 

IF he ends up at villa, it will clearly be as he had absolutely no other options.  He can **** off with an attitude like that.

All I really care about on this thread is Villa, not Felix. I wouldn't mind seeing him humbled a bit by other clubs' snubs --- then he and his agent can (if they're wise) come back calling to Villa Park, and maybe, if they're lucky, we'll make an offer.

He mostly just strikes me as a bit immature. I'm not surprised some folks remain besotted with him. His expensive Athletico signing and his image-rights deals and his big agent and his truly impressive spell at Benfica all bedazzle certain people. But the accruing evidence of his general asshattery and underwhelming pitch form are real, too; I don't think there's some complicated and unfair conspiracy out to derail his career. (Plus, he's already an extremely wealthy young man who will be just fine in life if he doesn't waste his money. He's no victim.)  He and his fanboys need to come back to planet earth.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Bored on a Tuesday night, so here's a random link. This was the rando who scored on his Italy debut against England.

this would be an interesting shout. Is 24, but has been lighting up the Liga Profesional de Fútbol. 

17 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Interesting link. Won't pretend I know much about him but looks like he's been scoring a lot of goals (35 in 67 for Tigre)

Edited by villan95

13 hours ago, Thug said:

In your eyes a morally decrepit, and likewise, you’re entitled to your opinion.

In my eyes the USA is the most corrupt nation on the planet - where Messi just went for a windfall.

Opinions.  Opinions. Opinions.  Yh, I’ll take my £500m and you can keep your misconceived moral high ground.  Power to you.

The misconception here is your assumption that I'm claiming a moral high ground. I don't begrudge any player that opportunity, and we all make our compromises. 

We are speaking hypothetically, as if we were players. My personal ambition, if I was already a multimillionaire at age 25, would be to play in the best leagues and most prestigious competitions.

My decision would be made easier by the fact that the Saudi regime is odious.

Any player that would turn down Saudi clubs or a similar pay offer from an MLS club on political or moral grounds would have my respect, because there's plenty to protest about USA.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The misconception here is your assumption that I'm claiming a moral high ground. I don't begrudge any player that opportunity, and we all make our compromises. 

We are speaking hypothetically, as if we were players. My personal ambition, if I was already a multimillionaire at age 25, would be to play in the best leagues and most prestigious competitions.

My decision would be made easier by the fact that the Saudi regime is odious.

Any player that would turn Saudi clubs or a similar pay offer from an MLS club on political or moral grounds would have my respect, because there's plenty to protest about USA.

In that case sir, have a like from me 👍🏽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Problem is he’d cost a significant fee.

Let’s say he cost us £70-80m

Theres probably a 10% chance he improves his value and a 90% chance his value drops.

He’d need to be having 20 goal contributions a season to justify a price increase.  Can’t see that.

Nah felix aint going for no 70-80 mill… atletico would accept £52m for him and we could probably get it down to £45m

Edited by RicRic

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, he’d have struggled massively on the paltry premier league wages, don’t know how he’d possibly give three kids and a missus a decent life.

What are we talking here, the difference between giving them Bugatti’s instead of Porsche’s on their 17th birthdays?!

This is a common, but completely flawed argument.

How much is enough?

Surely ones kids should be happy with getting a BMW instead of a Porsche?

or a Skoda instead of a bmw?

Or a pushbike instead of a Skoda?

what is enough?

You should strive to do the best that you possibly can.  In 6 years, he can set up the next 10 generations of Neves’ - probably more.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Nah felix aint going for no 70-80 mill… atletico would accept £52m for him and we could probably get it down to £45m

Even if we can get it down to £4.50 it doesn’t matter. He doesn’t want to come here. He wants a champions league team (but none want him) and now he wants Barcelona (who don’t want him).

36 minutes ago, Thug said:

In that case sir, have a like from me 👍🏽

That having been said, I think one of the things that makes the Saudi equation worse than a hypothetical similar offer from an MLS side is that these Saudi clubs are essentially entities of the state, not independent businesses. So by signing with the Saudi League, you are making a deal with the regime. 

37 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That having been said, I think one of the things that makes the Saudi equation worse than a hypothetical similar offer from an MLS side is that these Saudi clubs are essentially entities of the state, not independent businesses. So by signing with the Saudi League, you are making a deal with the regime. 

Yes, there is that.

Rather than independent businesses.

• Like 1