Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

According to Tom Collomosse:

Leon Bailey is for sale this summer.

Villa desperately want a wide man  Harvey Barnes, was on the list but not top of it, the same with Brennan Johnson. Over the weekend Villa asked Leverkusen about Diaby and Emery remains a huge admirer of Nico Williams.

Villa also want a forward to be both partner and alternative to Ollie Watkins.

Just commented on this in the Bailey thread, I’m surprised tbh. Wonder what the actual reason is… more on Leon’s side (e.g. wants to be a guaranteed starter, demands are too great for a new deal)? Or on Unai’s (doesn’t particularly rate him or doesn’t see him fitting into the side/system and we want to get a decent fee while we can)?

2 years left on deal… now’s the time to sell if we’re not renewing his contract…

Didn’t foresee this… makes me wonder just what level of player we’re looking to bring in. We need a squad/options but maybe Leon wants more guarantees…

Interesting…

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Just commented on this in the Bailey thread, I’m surprised tbh. Wonder what the actual reason is… more on Leon’s side (e.g. wants to be a guaranteed starter, demands are too great for a new deal)? Or on Unai’s (doesn’t particularly rate him or doesn’t see him fitting into the side/system and we want to get a decent fee while we can)?

2 years left on deal… now’s the time to sell if we’re not renewing his contract…

Didn’t foresee this… makes me wonder just what level of player we’re looking to bring in. We need a squad/options but maybe Leon wants more guarantees…

Interesting…

WTF are you paying so much attention to this 'story' for?

Just a journalist blah blahing.... he doesn't know anything.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting…

Always thought Bailey was a bit of a blunt object. Can be great on the odd occasion, but not tactically aware and maybe doesn’t fit into Emery’s plans.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

He is one of the few journalists consistently in the know at Villa. Broke Bailey signing before ut was barely rumoured

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Indigo said:

According to Tom Collomosse:

Leon Bailey is for sale this summer.

Villa desperately want a wide man  Harvey Barnes, was on the list but not top of it, the same with Brennan Johnson. Over the weekend Villa asked Leverkusen about Diaby and Emery remains a huge admirer of Nico Williams.

Villa also want a forward to be both partner and alternative to Ollie Watkins.

I think it’s looking like Harvey Barnes is about second or third choice on the list of a few clubs. Whoever signs him will have probably missed out on whoever they really wanted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Flipping hell calm down lad! 🤣

He’s one of the few credible football journalists so it’s at least worth considering.

I haven’t cussed your mom or killed your cat  🤣

We are a tetchy bunch of lads here 🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Selling Bailey would mean Emery isn't convinced he can get Bailey to perform at the required level, and that we then would need 2 wide forwards, not one.

Maybe… there’s a few possible scenarios. 

I still find it surprising and am not 100% convinced, maybe we’re going to be doing more business than anticipated…

So…

Bailey out… (along with a few others)

Chiesa and Diaby in? 😆

Edited by Jas10

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Grrrrr why are you posting about a transfer-related article from a known credible source in its relevant thread grrrrr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Grrrrr why are you posting about a transfer-related article from a known credible source in its relevant thread grrrrr.

We’re all as bad as each other really 🤣

Need some transfer medication 😵‍💫 💊 💉 

Edited by Jas10

Not against selling Bailey at all. His injury record has been pretty shocking and with the exception of a few moments he’s not produced at all what we expected he would.

My main issue with him is my (possibly incorrect) assessment that he just isn’t bothered. When he’s injured you see him constantly posting on the socials being on holiday, the comments from his father and just his general attitude.

Gut feeling is I just don’t think I like him as a bloke and he’s not shown enough as a player to change that feeling.