Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Villa to compete with Brighton for Koopmeiners 

🤣 We seem to be linked with pretty much everyone this year, yet another new link. Maybe rather than being quiet to hide our links, we are creating lots of noise about lots of targets to hide our real ones. If that makes sense?

I know there was someone on this message board who was a big advocate of signing Koopmeiners last year, could it finally happen?

Aston Villa reportedly intend to compete with Brighton for the signing of Atalanta midfielder Teun Koopmeiners.

That's according to Italian outlet Foot Mercato who report that the Dutchman has several sides looking to sign him. A "few" Serie A teams are said to have contacted Atalanta president Antonio Percassi and their sporting director, Tony D’Amico to enquiry about the "conditions needed" to sign the players.

Napoli, Juventus and Inter Milan are all said to have been the "most active" in their pursuit. Previous reports also stated that the Seagulls had made initial contact with Atalanta. Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi is said to have identified the Dutchman as a "priority" target as Moises Caicedo is expected to join Chelsea.

The report also adds that due to interest from Brighton and Villa, a transfer "could prove complicated" for the Italian sides to make a swoop. As for Villa, the "player's profile is thought to please" the club.

@paul514 would spontaneously combust!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Johnson would make sense. He's nowhere near the finished article but he appears to have all the building bricks in place to be modelled into an outstanding right sided attacker. According to Brennan, right wing is his favourite position at the moment and he has really good pace to put left sided defenders under big pressure, as he doesn't need to get goal side initially to get by them. His left foot is surprisingly good as well so he can go inside or outside. Emery could work wonders with him imo, and as he is only 22 he could become a very valuable player longterm. He will cost a lot more than he should be worth at the moment, because Forest desperately need to keep him.

Koopmeiners is less suitable as he has no pace and although he's a good passer I think he's more suitable as a CDM, and I don't think Emery is looking to add to that area. We now have Tielemans to do that progressive passing job for us.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@paul514 would spontaneously combust!

Thanks. I knew there was someone who was a big fan last summer, but couldn’t recall who it was. 😄

59 minutes ago, sne said:

Rather we tried for  Rasmus Hojlund if we are after a Atalanta player.

He'd cost a shed load. Man. United already having 40m + bids rejected so he's got his heart set on them you suspect.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He'd cost a shed load. Man. United already having 40m + bids rejected so he's got his heart set on them you suspect.

Italian media saying they are asking €40m-€45m and that Manure had a opening offer of about £31m rejected.

Just now, sne said:

Italian media saying they are asking €40m-€45m and that Manure had a opening offer of about £31m rejected.

Man. United trying to lowball in a position they're desperate for more quality, no surprise there.😂

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I hope were not seriously contemplating Brennan Johnson for 60m.

30 - 40m is the max i'd consider.

I think 30-40m is still a lot for him. Somewhere in the low £20m's with addons seems sensible to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I think 30-40m is still a lot for him. Somewhere in the low £20m's with addons seems sensible to me. 

Sensible to you, not for Forest. Do you think we should Ramsey for £23m?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let’s get him to partner Torres and sell Konsa and Carlos! 

What if Emery wants to flip Moreno this window for a big profit (rumours Citeh we’re interested a while ago), and provide the width in attack from midfield? 

5 top level CBs to cover a back line of three would make sense then. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

What if Emery wants to flip Moreno this window for a big profit (rumours Citeh we’re interested a while ago), and provide the width in attack from midfield? 

No one would buy with his injury 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

What bookie odds can I get on that not happening?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gaz90 said:

It's unlike this account to pipe up randomly with a tweet about a player without them meaning something (i.e. there's something in the Brennan Johnson rumours). Whether you believe this account or not, the smoke is building on this one, so there might be something to it. He wouldn't be someone that I'd go for (I think there's better value elsewhere), but he's got pace, potential, knows where the net is and in Unai we trust.

TrentVilla on Twitter who I assume is our Trentvilla says he has been told there is definite interest from us.

Hopefully it does not get further than that.

Edited by mykeyb