Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So hang on Luton are willing to break the transfer record for some Barnsley player but not our Marv?

Sure their record fee is just over a million from back in the 90's ..I expect it being broken alot in the coming weeks

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So hang on Luton are willing to break the transfer record for some Barnsley player but not our Marv?

Wages are the issue with Nakamba apparently, not the fee.

27 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Apparently, it's the Marvellous wages he's on.

Emery was very vocal in Jan about the need for a "specific winger" so it'll be very interesting to see the side next season when we add the attacking players he needs. 

I feel RM will often be for a Right Footed winger like Yeremy Pino. While the other attacking player is the second striker role who drops deep to link play like Moreno did and would be left footed ideally. 

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’d rather take your player suggestions! 😆

No need for Koopmeiners now? 😆

Who’d you like to see in attack?

Don't bait me! Ok I'll bite...

Koopmeiners would be great as the alternative for Kamara in the squad but he will cost 40m now.

My sell list is.....

Olsen, Hause, Chambers (Maybe), Cash (Maybe), Dendonker (Maybe), Sanson, Nakamba, Bailey, Traore (Maybe), Wesley, Davis

My buy list (Media figures)

Experienced very low cost keeper (let the GK staff pick him), Torres loan (21m option), Pulisic (17m, one year left on deal), Sessegnon (10m - no media price I just can't imagine they will be able to charge more), Wan Bissaka (25m), Pau Torres (30m), Tielemans (0m), Liveramento (15m replace Cash if we got a suitable offer), A DM to compete with Kamara (replacing Dendonker (if we get a suitable offer)

That leaves maybe's hanging over Chambers and Traore where you might want to keep them for depth and they will garner very low fees if we sell.

I think that list gives you (without the maybe's)

A more reliable second keeper

A defensive right back for the system Emery has played so far
A ball playing left sided centre back 
A quality central midfielder to compete with Luis or allow us to play 3 in the middle.
A left sided midfielder which is rare most are full backs or wingers adding different tactical options.
Two high quality forwards that can play across the forward positions.

Going to the maybe purchase...

I think Liveramento is better going forward and equally as good in defence as Cash plus he is younger and has a higher ceiling, it is more of an opportunity signing.
As for a DM there is loads of people who are an upgrade on Dendonker, doesn't even need to be that expensive realistically.

13 hours ago, RicRic said:

Thats where Joao Felix comes in 😁id cream myself if we managed to sign him though.

Yep - Watkins, Felix and Torres would be a pretty awesome front line.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Koopmeiners would be great as the alternative for Kamara in the squad but he will cost 40m now.

My sell list is.....

Olsen, Hause, Chambers (Maybe), Cash (Maybe), Dendonker (Maybe), Sanson, Nakamba, Bailey, Traore (Maybe), Wesley, Davis

Experienced very low cost keeper (let the GK staff pick him), Torres loan (21m option), Pulisic (17m, one year left on deal), Sessegnon (10m - no media price I just can't imagine they will be able to charge more), Wan Bissaka (25m), Pau Torres (30m), Tielemans (0m), Liveramento (15m replace Cash if we got a suitable offer), A DM to compete with Kamara (replacing Dendonker (if we get a suitable offer)

That leaves maybe's hanging over Chambers and Traore where you might want to keep them for depth and they will garner very low fees if we sell.

A quality central midfielder to compete with Luis or allow us to play 3 in the middle.
A left sided midfielder which is rare most are full backs or wingers adding different tactical options.

I think Liveramento is better going forward and equally as good in defence as Cash plus he is younger and has a higher ceiling, it is more of an opportunity signing.
As for a DM there is loads of people who are an upgrade on Dendonker, doesn't even need to be that expensive realistically.

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, paul514 said:

My sell list is.....

Pulisic is close to a £25m move to AC Milan so that’s a no go

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

No one’s gonna offer us a reasonable enough fee and he has a lot more to offer…

it’s madness to make a loss on these players, they haven’t even been with us for long and especially not under Emery.

I think I previously read Ajax were interested in Bailey last summer, they previously bought Haller from West Ham for £20m before selling him to Dortmund for a big profit so they are prepared to pay reasonably big fees if they think they can turn a player around. Bailey was a CL player in the Bundesliga so a club like Ajax might take a punt on him. It isn’t going to be for what we paid for him but it might be good enough for us to cash in. 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1