Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'm not an agent but I have another football realted business in Asia with him and we work with players regularly.

I worked for OUFC and one of my former colleagues works for Wasserman Group… As I’ve said before I’m the worst ITK as I only hear of players we haven’t signed or enquire about. Villa run the tightest of ships with NDA’s so most rumours like tielmans usually come from wives or people close to the players etc rather than agents…  

20 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'm not an agent but I have another football realted business in Asia with him and we work with players regularly.

A betting company I hear you say !! 🤣🤣, only joking ,grateful of the input of people involved around the game 👍

I think there’s a reasonable chance Villa will buy one play for £50m - £55m. “reasonable” - not nailed on or anything. It’s probably the highest we would be prepared to go on a single transfer I suspect.

West Ham bought Paqueta for a fee that was being reported as £51m. They spent a fair old whack last summer without too much coming back in sales. Obviously the European football they could offer was the conference league.

Wolves spent £44m on Cunha. No European football on offer (they weren’t guaranteed premier league football at the time of the transfer). Having to cut their cloth accordingly now, but they did go a little crazy in the market.

I don’t massively care though. £5m or £55m, as long as Emery gets who he wants. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think there’s a reasonable chance Villa will buy one play for £50m - £55m. “reasonable” - not nailed on or anything. It’s probably the highest we would be prepared to go on a single transfer I suspect.

West Ham bought Paqueta for a fee that was being reported as £51m. They spent a fair old whack last summer without too much coming back in sales. Obviously the European football they could offer was the conference league.

Wolves spent £44m on Cunha. No European football on offer (they weren’t guaranteed premier league football at the time of the transfer). Having to cut their cloth accordingly now, but they did go a little crazy in the market.

I don’t massively care though. £5m or £55m, as long as Emery gets who he wants. 

Yeah and I could see us spending £40mil on a player (likely a winger) so if we could get Chiesa for that much then we would be interested I'm sure. 

We will definitely spend money. I'm just more reserved about the amounts that's all.

I think a couple of squad fillers will be leaving as well of course so we will need to replace them in addition to 1st team improvements.

Definitely an exciting time and I certainly trust Emery to do what it takes to get who he wants where possible.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If we get £7.5m for Davis I will drive to VP and shake Monchi's hand until it comes off. 

Be careful thst you don't run in to Davis while you are there, his hand actually might fall off......

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Be careful thst you don't run in to Davis while you are there, his hand actually might fall off......

I'm assuming that they've wrapped him in 400 rolls of bubble wrap surrounded in cotton wool to ensure he doesn't snap every bone in his body getting out of his car before he's sold. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Why does no team appear to be after Wilfried Gnonto.  Looked like star in making to me.  To hard to get off leeds?  Thought when they were relegated he would be available 

He has potential but could easily be another Adama Traore 

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Because he had one good game against us and was pretty mediocre for the rest of the season. Couldn't even get in a poor Leeds team. 

Not starting in a certain doesn’t have to mean he’s bad, some managers are either bad, or their systems aren’t right for certain players. 
But whenever I saw Gnoto he was good, can’t say I watched much Leeds. Including both of our games I was only able to see some minutes.

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

For me I’m the least relaxed.  Over my life supporting Villa there are a few times we had a moment to kick on.  It’s rare but there is a chance and we tend to not take it and we are at one of those moments now imo.  I believe because of all the right reasons we will kick on this time but in my 40 odd years I’ve being let down, this moment is a little nerve racking…

We do have a "history" when it comes to needing to kick on, and I share your ingrained pessimism on the subject! 😀  There were a few times when we did do it, the most notable of course being the acquisition of a certain Peter Withe for a club record fee in 1980.  The Dean Saunders purchase in 1991 and Collymore in 1997 were also similar moments, with the latter being a spectacular failure.  However, for the most part the club (Doug Ellis) always has failed to recognize the need and opportunity, or be willing to "speculate to accumulate" and take the required risk....  We bought Cascarino when Sheringham was the answer.  We bottled the deal for Juninho. We bought Heskey and Harewood when there were plenty of better options. 

Having said all that, I believe we are in a completely different moment in our history with this ownership and manager.  It is a more measured, calculated, and well-planned approach to improvement, which may not be accompanied by that marquee signing, but more the addition of players to fit into a very specific framework.

We shall see! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I'm assuming that they've wrapped him in 400 rolls of bubble wrap surrounded in cotton wool to ensure he doesn't snap every bone in his body getting out of his car before he's sold. 

Big mistake. The force of wrapping him with that first roll of bubble wrap will make his leg drop off

I think Luiz is on par with Bruno and Kamara on par, if not better than Tonali but I think we’re after another DM so we can go  433 or 4231 and have a more combative middle two. 

If we were officially after Ugarte then a similar player would be Seiwald at Salzburg, only 21 and can get even better.