Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Only reason is because the saudis are helping them. Without them are nothing as shown this year

Yup, and cheats will prosper. We know this....

First Real Madrid then Chelsea, Man. City, Newcastle etc...

• Like 1

Without going further off topic - why would PIF help Chelsea to get around FFP at the detriment to Newcastle ? the Saudi’s are IMO targeting Muslim players - Benzema, Ziyech, Kante, Koulibaly, Lukaku, (Poss) Mendy who will find the adjustment maybe easier and will integrate quicker into the new surroundings and way of life… Plus they are available… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Easily Pino. 20 years old and already 10 caps for Spain. He’s got a very bright future.

My Summer French Wine Journey Begins – ROCKIN RED BLOG I have heard a lot of good things about Pinot myself, ages well, a smooth finish, finesse, classy...:D🍷

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Without going further off topic - why would PIF help Chelsea to get around FFP at the detriment to Newcastle ? the Saudi’s are IMO targeting Muslim players - Benzema, Ziyech, Kante, Koulibaly, Lukaku, (Poss) Mendy who will find the adjustment maybe easier and will integrate quicker into the new surroundings and way of life… Plus they are available… 

Lukaku is a devout Christian. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

They come to Europe to earn life changing money South Americans and African players live in third world conditions it’s a case of not lifting just themselves out of poverty but family and extended family and in some cases entire communities. Established Multi millionaire players heading to the Saudi league is a different thing all together.

It’s all relative. Why should these players suffer with only 1 Lamborghini when they could have several and also buy Lamborghinis for their families ?

I know it’s not the same at all. But ultimately money talks. Way of the world. 

Now let’s talk transfers!!

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

People are free to choose what they believe in. 

Yep. But I don't have to like it.

There are flat-earthers around. They're free to believe that if they want, but they are fantasists.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yep. But I don't have to like it.

There are flat-earthers around. They're free to believe that if they want, but they are fantasists.

That’s fine but this is the transfer thread so nobody cares what you like regarding ‘fantasists’. 

back on topic anyone got any tweets….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That's just ridiculous... we all know the earth is a half globe on the Great Turtles back, under the protective dome of the firmament....👀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, QldVilla said:

You’re right about Kane, but there’s no uncertainty with how Ange will do. It will be more difficult without Kane, but he will fix the other areas.

Big statement imo, I’m aware of how well Ange has done in previous jobs and at Celtic but it’s very easy to coast the spl when youre spending over 25 million on players and the team in third spent just over 1 million. I hope he does well but not at our expense 

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That’s fine but this is the transfer thread so nobody cares what you like regarding ‘fantasists’. 

back on topic anyone got any tweets….

Why was it relevant to start talking about footballers' personal beliefs then? 

I wasn't the one who started discussing whether players were Muslim or Christian 🤣🤣

Seems I touched a nerve among some theists. Maybe don't bring up religion in the transfer thread to begin with 🙏

Back on topic AS have linked us with Baena .. 

Aston Villa and Barcelona are both ‘most interested’ in signing Villarreal’s Álex Baena in the summer window, according to AS.

The 21-year-old academy graduate has been one of the ‘revelations’ of the La Liga side last season, where he managed 12 goals and six assists from 48 games, while operating in the middle of the pitch, as an attacking midfielder and on the wings.

Baena’s fine form has seen several clubs, including Aston Villa, take notice. At the same time, Villarreal tied him down to a new deal [until 2028] in January.

Due to Barcelona’s financial problems, AS explain the Villans have ‘more options’ to secure the versatile player’s services.

Unai Emery, who is currently in charge at Villa Park, gave opportunities to the Spain U21 international at Villarreal last season. AS say the manager considers his former player can be a ‘strategic signing’ for Aston Villa.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-most-interested-to-secure-deal-emery-considers-player-can-be-strategic-signing-for-pl-side/

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's just ridiculous... we all know the earth is a half globe on the Great Turtles back, under the protective dome of the firmament....👀

Soon to be wiped out by Nibiru

• Shocked 1