Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Chelsea seem to be getting Jackson. He was the one I thought we would be in for.

Seriously a disgrace the way Chelsea have behaved last couple of windows and there should be an investigation. 

Surely a Chelsea fire sale has to happen at some point this window?

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's not poor but he's a massive flop of a player. Hides when it's tough, shys away when you need your best players to stand up.

I think this is an unfair call on any player, it’s a team game, sometimes and especially in a relegation battle, it’s a grind and the system imposed becomes futile and debilitating. Not everyone is a Roy Keane (except maybe Mark Noble).

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But tielemans cost £0 and should be a squad player

Maddison will be at least £50m and considered a key player, I don't think he's that special

I’d put money on Tielemans running our midfield.

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Pay up or move along.

So basically just a loan then.

No point inserting an option to buy as it will have to be like 3 - 5 million euro's or something and even then that's pushing it when turkish clubs are involved.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Pay up or move along.

I'm not desperate to let him go, but they must think that we are. They are taking us for mugs here. Are they really that strapped for cash? If so, they need to adjust their targets accordingly. Don't come looking for Coutinho with the sort of deal we might listen to for Sanson! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So basically just a loan then.

No point inserting an option to buy unless its for like 3 - 5 million euro's or something and even then that's pushing it when turkish clubs are involved.

If it's an "option" to buy then it can only work if they want him after using him for free for a season, as Forest showed us, an option to buy is worthless, it has to be an obligation. 3 - 5 million euro's wouldn't cut it for me either, he's worth that to have him available off our bench or staring cup games this season imo. 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t think I’ve ever been as excited about and looking forward to a transfer window as much as this one, with Monchi and Unai working in tandem to bring some proper quality and talent into this team and squad. They are going to elevate us!

We finally have “proper football people” in charge, most of all a truly elite manager who can identify and utilise players to close to, if not fully, their maximum potential.

I have no idea who we’re going to sign but I’m so looking forward to who we bring in and how we’re going to shape up as a formidable and competitive team going into the forthcoming season

I can’t wait! 

UTV!

This.

We are suddenly evolving at a huge rate, the football club has really kicked up into a high gear. We have very serious, experienced and capable footballing people all pulling in the same direction with a common aim. It is surely transformational.

I remember watching the documentary fly on the wall series on Man City which is now many years ago. I was in awe of how serious they were and how developed and extensive their management team was, the suits. Incidentally a lot of them Spanish. This is how I feel about us now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Teams are loving these long contracts these days, I assume it’s for FFP reasons so that they can amortise the outlay over more years… 

No they've made it that the fee has to be amortised over a maximum of 5 years. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

This transfer window is dead. Do something please villa 

It’s only been 72 hours and we’ve signed a midfielder and got a new President of Football… let’s give it a bit longer and see.

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s only been 72 hours and we’ve signed a midfielder and got a new President of Football… let’s give it a bit longer and see.

He starts in July, right? 2 weeks before he starts and we've only signed 1 player. Monchi out