Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Teams are loving these long contracts these days, I assume it’s for FFP reasons so that they can amortise the outlay over more years… 

Isn’t their a restriction now on those long contracts?

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think FIFA advise they should be five years unless the country has different rules, and in England there’s no limit.  

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think FIFA advise they should be five years unless the country has different rules, and in England there’s no limit.  

I remember reading that only 5 years will count towards FFP.  So they can over 20 years if they want but their FFP loophole is closed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I remember reading that only 5 years will count towards FFP.  So they can over 20 years if they want but their FFP loophole is closed.

Ah that’s clever, and fair enough I suppose 

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There is but I don’t know if it’s enforced. This is more flagrant abuse of FFP. It’s actually a joke. **** Chelsea. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

There is but I don’t know if it’s enforced. This is more flagrant abuse of FFP. It’s actually a joke. **** Chelsea. 

There’s no way they highlight it now with media Darling Potch in charge 

As we advanced exclusively in TodoFichajes, Aston Villa will pay the €50M clause to get the services of Nico Williams. The agreement with the player is fully closed at the rate of €7M per season in a contract that will last for 5 years.

In principle, Birmingham has been locating the operation until Monchi's arrival at the offices materialised, something that occurred yesterday at the last minute. The Andalusian has been aware at all times of the negotiations with the Basque and only needs to land in the club to finish the arrival of the striker.

Reported 3 hours ago thoughts 😶….

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Another one off the list

I hate Chelsea and feel we should do everything to start an FFP investigation against them as I'm sure they've fallen foul of the rules - however, I really ain't bothered about this one. Honestly if we signed this guy I'd be disappointed with the lack of ambition and don't think he'd get in our starting 11, so if that's who Chelsea want to sign then I'm happy. I have a suspicion they may have been knocked back by more illustrious targets if this is who they're going for. Man City sign Haaland as their centre forward, Chelsea sign Jackson, they're miles off the top teams. 

Jackson is young so can improve in a few years but it's a massive gamble and if I was a betting man I would bet it will be a huge failure and they'll be loaning him out in a year's time. 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Once there’s a player on a 9 year contract being paid £300k a week, that turns out to be crap, these long contracts will become less common.  No way of shifting them on, given the wages and the speed at which the transfer fee gets amortised.

• Like 1

they are doing a classic chelsea tbh, hoovering up young talent (most of which wont ever get a chance in the first team), loan them all out, then over time get back what you paid, or make a profit, to offset silly spending on first team players.

questions:

1) has the 5 year max amortisation thing come in yet? (regardless of contract length)?

2) has the max 6 loans (for u21 players i think?) come in yet?

Edited by MaVilla

Hasn’t been mentioned since the last window but, could we target Dario Osorio again? How’s he been getting on?

Some of those links have gone quiet, Moleiro too, I wonder if we surprise a few and make some signings “out of the blue”.

With Monchi here, it seems like it’s even more likely that we’ll target more Spanish and South American players… exciting…

He has a huge scouting network, so many contacts and must have a list of highly rated players we may already be lining up deals for… I’d imagine we would be able to target signings he couldn’t realistically make before with our superior finances and resources too…

Is it fair to say, that both Unai and Monchi were attracted to Villa and the “project” due this potential of greater freedom, control and ability to utilise more resources than at previous clubs? No need to look for too many bargain pickups and a capability to go for more high calibre players who can make more of an impact? 

Intriguing…

• Like 2