Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

A huge number of people on Football Twitter are young teenagers/children

Surely all the teenagers/children have all moved on to a different platform by now, same as Facebook, Instagram etc?

58 minutes ago, useless said:

We want a winger 🧐 we love Spanish players 🤔 we're past masters at swooping in and signing players on free transfers 🚀 British transfer window opens tomorrow 🪟 and athletic reported that we will be looking at other domestic bargains similar to Tielemans 🫡 Adama Traore is unattached and available for free transfer 💥 I can't see it but came to my mind.

Excellent transfer emoji use. Dr Tony lives on in your post

On the Kone and Sancho stories….

Kone is a highly rated DM, personally he isn’t one of my favourites.

Sancho I can’t see happening at all with some caveats…..

firstly if they paid 85 million for him there will still be 51 million left on his book value, if that is pounds then I think that makes a deal incredibly unlikely. They know they will make a loss but they won’t want to make a book loss.

secondly if it’s euros it is more feasible to us.

thirdly there are clauses that make his fee higher, they may be close to some like playing 100 games for example that could make a deal more likely.

lastly his wages will be very high, he would have to be very motivated for personal/football reasons to drop his wage to a level we are happy to pay him.

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Adama, Dzeko, and now Sessegnon if Digne leaves, is it 2018🫥

Edit: 'Sessegnon if Digne leaves' that doesnt' look like the worst idea actually as attack minded alternative to Moreno, but I think Sessegnon would want to go somewhere where he's more guaranteed of first team starts, but I think we would go for a young left-back of a similar description in terms of style of play.

I like the idea of a cheeky bet on Sessegnon by the club if it was a 'cheap' deal, not as a left back but a left midfielder.

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Sancho is shite so I hope Villa are looking elsewhere.

Sancho is a very very good player and if he can be had for less than 50 million pounds is absolutely someone we should attempt to sign. As I said his numbers are basically slightly more than a goal or assist every other game in the prem. He can take players on and he's very good in terms of keeping possession and mjvibg the ball about in tight spaces. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Sancho is a very very good player and if he can be had for less than 50 million pounds is absolutely someone we should attempt to sign. As I said his numbers are basically slightly more than a goal or assist every other game in the prem. He can take players on and he's very good in terms of keeping possession and mjvibg the ball about in tight spaces. 

Not seen it in the PL so far, I have to say. Amazing in Germany. Big big risk.

Sancho rumour based on nothing but should be ban list obvious click bait Football Transfers dot com which is just the "freelance journo" guy that tweeted it with "Sources have informed us". Pathetic. People should stop posting this shit

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

On the Kone and Sancho stories….

Kone is a highly rated DM, personally he isn’t one of my favourites.

Sancho I can’t see happening at all with some caveats…..

firstly if they paid 85 million for him there will still be 51 million left on his book value, if that is pounds then I think that makes a deal incredibly unlikely. They know they will make a loss but they won’t want to make a book loss.

secondly if it’s euros it is more feasible to us.

thirdly there are clauses that make his fee higher, they may be close to some like playing 100 games for example that could make a deal more likely.

lastly his wages will be very high, he would have to be very motivated for personal/football reasons to drop his wage to a level we are happy to pay him.

£73m the reported fee.. 29.2m amortised after 2/5 years of his contract.

Net book value of £43.8m left.

I can see them accepting around £50m for the player, but them wanting to cover the salary they'll owe him because he didn't request a transfer. That's the stumbling block as the remaining salary is worth over £54m itself.

We might offer to cover some of it, and that may lead us to be able to offer him a lower (affordable) salary, with the expectation that he'll reach his true potential under Emery.

On 12/06/2023 at 16:38, paul514 said:

I was listening to talkSPORT in the car earlier and they mentioned that Chelsea are after onana or Martinez

Martinez is most likely on many clubs wish list......We are after many players, we won't get, too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

£73m the reported fee.. 29.2m amortised after 2/5 years of his contract.

Net book value of £43.8m left.

I can see them accepting around £50m for the player, but them wanting to cover the salary they'll owe him because he didn't request a transfer. That's the stumbling block as the remaining salary is worth over £54m itself.

We might offer to cover some of it, and that may lead us to be able to offer him a lower (affordable) salary, with the expectation that he'll reach his true potential under Emery.

I think they would snap your hand off for whatever his book value is.

I think Sancho would a phenomenal signing.

There have been several credible links to elite caliber players in this window already, so it wouldn’t necessarily be completely beyond the realms of fantasy, although it remains somewhat unlikely. 

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Haha 2

Now the transfer window is open hopefully we can move Sanson and Nakamba on pretty quickly.

Then Davis, Hause, Wesley and Traore.

Followed by Olsen.

That would be a decent clean out of the players that are not good enough for us currently.

Keep Chambers for his utility and experience.

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Can’t believe there’s been 3 pages nearly of Jadon Sancho. Sancho is not leaving Man Utd for Villa - not happening. Let’s move on. 

Why not ? Would rather have Sancho than Barnes as he’s proven to be a quality player in the bit so distant pass… just hasn’t worked for him at the basket case club which is UTD and we have the £££ and high ambitions… 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why not ? Would rather have Sancho than Barnes as he’s proven to be a quality player in the bit so distant pass… just hasn’t worked for him at the basket case club which is UTD and we have the £££ and high ambitions… 

Well for starters there’s not one credible source even linking him with Villa. A quick look at the Twitter account and it’s just full of clickbait nonsense. 

Villa having £££ and high ambitions didn’t seem to matter much to Asensio. I’d be surprised if Man Utd sold Sancho this summer but if he did leave I’d imagine he’d go back to Dortmund. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I'd agree prefer Sancho over Barnes. Similar transfer values mooted, although the wages are a huge difference.

Sancho has a problem at Man U as they're set up to play with Rashford on the left, who is a different type of player. He has had some injury issues which has meant that when he has built up form and started playing well that momentum has been checked. 

For me the problem with Sancho is injuries may be a concern.

21 minutes ago, RichW said:

Can’t believe there’s been 3 pages nearly of Jadon Sancho. Sancho is not leaving Man Utd for Villa - not happening. Let’s move on. 

Including amortization calculations. Wish people would take even cursory look at source before posting rubbish