Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Could have said the same about half-a-dozen of our players during Gerrard's time

Think the issue is he has played nearly 500 senior games at the age of 26. He has many miles on the clock, Fernando Torres, Fabregas and Rooney all started decline early 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

That is an astonishing blow for Roma. They needed that sale.

Mourinho certain to leave IMO. The club financially worse off than when he came in, as the prophecy foretold. 

They will flip Dybala and his wages off the books

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant believe some are tuening their nose up at tielesman on a free. 18 months ago he was class. Just struggled ina  shit team.

I hope it happens

On a free no brainer

18 months ago 

Tielemans? I dunno. Seen him good; seen him bad. In Unai I trust.

But some of the comments about upgrading the bench or the first team - jeez. Can't we do both?

We could play 50% more games this season - and have already lost Young from our squad, which didn't always have the full 9 subs; and often had 2 GKs. Even with the returning U23s, we need upgrades on Countinho, Traore, etc. 

If we are managing our budget with this guy - I have no problem. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

doesn't look like tammy will be on the move!

Feel bad for Tammy. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Also means one less striker on the market and more competition for those remaining.

• Like 1

Tielemans link is based on some LCFC guy on Twitter saying trust me I know someone that knows his wife and betting odds low because in the midlands and we're on the up so basically a nothing burger 

• Like 1

Tieleman has a high ceiling as we know from his previous years performances so would be a decent shout as a free. Let’s face it, the only reason he is available to us is because he has had a poor season and needs some rehabilitation to be a top player, otherwise he would be off to Man Utd or Arsenal as he was linked a couple of years ago after the FA cup win. We have all seen the effect Emery has had on players on poor form so I would back him to work his magic again.

People love to talk about money ball signings…this is a good example of a top player who has had his value suppressed by bad form likely cause by circumstance, who could be top player once again fairly easily. Could be really good value signing.

Edited by mikeyjavfc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're not a rehabilitation club for out of form players. Well hopefully not again after Coutinho 

Isn’t that what Emery does though, he has history of buying out of form players and bringing them into form.  I’m not advocating for Tielemans at all but a link like this doesn’t surprise me because I always expected players that have looked rubbish recently but looked good in the past are sometimes the players Emery goes for. 

• Like 1

Tieleman and one of the younger players we were linked with in January like Miretti from Juve or Almeida from Valencia makes sense to me. 

Dybala has a clause doesn’t he so he can leave for €13mill. Kang In Lee clause is €17 mill. Then we go big on Nico Williams and someone like Veiga. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A player i like that chelsea might sell is hudson-odoi

I'm not sure he'll ever reach his potential, he had an achilles injury years ago that he says still troubles him now. Apart from that He's on £120k a week at Chelsea, so I can't see us trying to sign him. 

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've already posted if player x not good enough for teams above us then we shouldn't be interested either. Poor attitude and form this season. Lazy link anyway

That's not how it works though is it, it's about whether a player is a good fit for a team/squad and has the capabilities or potential to improve it.

Your "rationale" makes no sense.

You seem like the kind of person that doesn't want to sign someone from a team below us, because they're not good enough because they're in a team below us, and doesn't want to sign someone from a team above us if the team above us doesn't want them. Which means we should only be trying to sign players from teams above us who don't want to leave the team above us.

Makes perfect sense. 🤣 

Edited by smokingzen