Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Trying to think who he'd actually replace in the squad, he'd be mcginns back up wouldn't he?

On a free, no doubt decent wages, but that'd be an improvement, I'm sure at the end of the season our midfield options off the bench were dendoncker and Chambers

And that's it, be playing alot more games next season & midfield will be rotated at times, you get the Tielemans that won the Premier league & the Tielemans that played in the Champions league this is a very smart bit of business m, if Emery wants him then I'm onboard 👍

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Big yes for Tielemans from me. Really good footballer, and gets stuck in, too. If it's the option of him or Guendouzi, I'm 100% going for Tielemans, and that would even be if they were the same price, on a free it's a no brainer.

Tielemans was awful for a team that got relegated. There's no way any of the the teams that finished above us would go near him and neither should we. 

Tielemans is a quality player who’s had a poor season in a poor team. He instantly upgrades our squad in the midfield if he joins. He’s played consistently in Europe and won Cups in England.

Leicester being on the decline for the past 18 months just may be the reason why his and others form has been poor. If Emery wants him, I’m not going to argue given his history with these players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep.

Tielemans is a funny one. If we’d been linked 12 months ago, I’d have been delighted. Now it just seems a bit meh. He’s had a stinker of a season by all accounts. 

I have serious doubts not because of this seasons form but because he has played so many minutes for a decade or so in a position that you need legs for.
I just have this feeling this season was the start of a drop off

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I have serious doubts not because of this seasons form but because he has played so many minutes for a decade or so in a position that you need legs for.
I just have this feeling this season was the start of a drop off

He's 26 ffs 😂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tielemans was awful for a team that got relegated. There's no way any of the the teams that finished above us would go near him and neither should we. 

If we don't get Emery, this could easily be said about mcginn 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is this the source for Tielemans? *facepalm*

No if you read his Twitter feed  he just says the odds have shortened based on people betting on him joining … doesn’t claim he’s ITK but says it’s kinda odd the markets shortened so quickly unless there could be something in it.

Just now, thabucks said:

No if you read his Twitter feed  he just says the odds have shortened based on people betting on him joining … doesn’t claim he’s ITK but says it’s kinda odd the markets shortened so quickly unless there could be something in it.

Maguire was 1/5 to join us after being spotted at Belfry. It's all bullshit. 

14 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Tielemans is a quality player who’s had a poor season in a poor team. He instantly upgrades our squad in the midfield if he joins. He’s played consistently in Europe and won Cups in England.

Leicester being on the decline for the past 18 months just may be the reason why his and others form has been poor. If Emery wants him, I’m not going to argue given his history with these players.

Who does he upgrade?  McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Kamara, & JJ are all better than him.  He's be fighting with Dendoncker for rotation spots, IMO.  

If Emery wants him, I'll 100% back him to be a success, but I don't think we'll be interested in any of Leicester's players.  

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's 26 ffs 😂

Doesn't change what I said.....

Most players in his position don't start playing 2500 mins a year until about 6/7 years AFTER he did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Just saw this as well...  Scary stuff.  

Odds aren't 5/9 (I don't think thats even a possible set of odds) - it's 5/6 - (1.80) - Admittedly odds mean nothing anyway, but 1.8 isn't even a ''cert''

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I can see us going in for Darío Osorio again but loaning him to Vitoria to see how he develops. 

We need to start doing what Brighton do and sign high potential young players from South America. This would be a good start.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

We need to start doing what Brighton do and sign high potential young players from South America. This would be a good start.

Like Mr Jhon Duran

• Like 2

Goddddddd this is the most boring window everrrrrrr. It’s 4th June… so basically halfway through the month, and we haven’t signed a single player.

Guesses on when that first signing will be? 7th July for me.