Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Bissaka is rubbish going forward but our rb doesnt get forward. Can he defend one on one? Probably the best in the league. Can he pass it to a player who can then move it forward. Yep. That said. He is like a new born horse . Legs and body all gangly . Not a traditional footballer profile. 

Cannot see this one happening. He is being trusted to start in the final against City  . He is tactically important to Ten Hag. Keep Grealish quiet. And he is doing that 

• Like 4

John McGinn said something after the Brighton game that resonated with me. He said that we'd made mistakes with some signings in the past, but we need to make sure that new signings "are the right character and the right player. We've heard that said by Villa manager over recent seasons but we've failed to follow that remit a number of times.

My choice of right character and right player would be Pau Torres and Matteo Guendouzi as the right players to strengthen the spine of the team, and I would also like to see Jonathan David come in to offer an upgrade to Villa's goal scoring potential in both the second striker and RW positions. (I think that Felix would be riskier than David but hugely exciting as a very expensive alternative). Add a quality back up keeper and that would be a very good transfer window in my opinion.

I hope Sir John will be happy my selections, lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Bissaka is rubbish going forward but our rb doesnt get forward. Can he defend one on one? Probably the best in the league. Can he pass it to a player who can then move it forward. Yep. That said. He is like a new born horse . Legs and body all gangly . Not a traditional footballer profile. 

Cannot see this one happening. He is being trusted to start in the final against City  . He is tactically important to Ten Hag. Keep Grealish quiet. And he is doing that 

Our Rb does get forward in certain games there have been a few games where they have. We often build up on the right hand side so it’s important to have players competent at keeping possession and dribbling to beat the press. Man Utd don’t even attempt to build out of the back they just hoof it  so his limitations on the ball are never exposed. 

2 hours ago, supermon said:

I can't see It as an Emery signing, would rather have the Moreno mould full back that can do both. 

Need to be a threat from both sides of the pitch.

He hasn’t done that so he can keep three at the back 

1 hour ago, supermon said:

It should do if they alternate in attack, no need for both to go gung-ho 

Totally agree BUT

we don’t know if our players are tactically aware enough to do that.

it’s easy to teach when the RB always does the same thing 

Having a Left Wing Back and a RB (holding) can work well.

Moreno has the pace and technique to maraud forward and still deliver quality passes into the box.

That would allow our right back to slot into a back three when Moreno is attacking.

The right side set up needs to be a solid physical right back, with a pacy technical right sided attacker in front of him.

Moreno with Luiz or Ramsey in front of him on the left ( tucking in so he can go by them), and Cash or Konsa on the right with David or Williams in front adding the pace and technique to stretch central defenders. That would be my ideal set up. 

I would love to see CB options of Mings, Carlos, Pau Torres and Konsa to form an impenetrable defensive block.

Edited by villabromsgrove
missed out word

5 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Looks quality, I guess he is attacking CM? Is that the same a Felix? Looks two footed, hard to tell but as he takes penalties with his right I suspect he is right footed. Plays right across there park. 

Would still love Callebos plus another forward, Pau Torres, Guendouzi or Ugarte and being greedy Denzel Dumfries at RB.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Looks quality, I guess he is attacking CM? Is that the same a Felix? Looks two footed, hard to tell but as he takes penalties with his right I suspect he is right footed. Plays right across there park. 

Would still love Callebos plus another forward, Pau Torres, Guendouzi or Ugarte and being greedy Denzel Dumfries at RB.

Attacking Midfielder or Left winger

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Any Lee Kang-in news? Is he suddenly deemed maybe not quite good enough do ya think?

The Spanish League hasn’t even finished yet, has it? 

3 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

We are better of converting a right sided CB to our Right back like he did with Juan Foyth.

No point buying AWB or lining United's pockets. 

You mean Konsa who's played RB?

So some poster deride Harvey Barnes who’s an industrious hard working technical winger but then spout on about bloody AWB for right back. Stay the same VT don’t ever change 😂

• Confused 2