Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Guys like Messi and Neymar are being hounded out of PSG by the home fans for not applying themselves enough. Doubt new signings think they can just roll up to Paris and not put on their boots, roll up their sleeves and look whoever the new manager is in the eyes.

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Even me a big Tammy fan would pick Felix, I think he would be phenomenal under Emery

Same im opting for felix too. I think his style of play suits emery id love it of it happened 

But wouldn't be disappointed with tammy either 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BOF said:

Just a little concerned it's going to be us + a mega team in for bloody everyone this summer. Looks like we lose Asensio to PSG. It might be paper talk but us and Juventus in for Pau Torres. Hopefully Emery can bring enough quality over the line. Can't fault our ambition but we might be trying to run before we can walk in the transfer market. This is where Alemany might have been key. Yes in Emery we trust, obviously. I'm just hoping for his sake that he gets his plan A or B more than his plan D or E. Looking forward to this post being misinterpreted now and words put in my mouth :P 

I think your concerns are most valid.

I think whilst Unai is an undoubtedly an Elite Coach.....we don't really know, his standing in the transfer Market. In my mind there is very much a perceived view, from players, as opposed to a strategic view. How many players will see 7th and not 1.96 PPG Unai has garnered.

We have seen from Chelsea, how many of their new players, just want the trimmings i.e London scene, and not the hard work.They are a shadow of what they should be WITH big name players. Newcastle can't be an easy location to sell, but Eddie has signed the right type of players, who seem to get the culture.....we must do similar, and I think we are, but we must sustain it....and not spoil it by signing primma donna's

I don't think Asensio was ever a realistic opportunity, and I am not sure, it would have been a good fit, despite his talent.......If its just talent we want, we have one of the most talented footballers in world football in Coutinho.

We want effective players, players who can raise our bar and Talent alone, with not much else, might not give us that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We gotta go for them though. If they don't come off they don't come off. At least we don't have to become desperate as we've a good base squad to be building on. I think our B targets are probably excellent and will improve us. Hopefully we don't end up deciding if D target even is worth it. 

If I remember correctly, In the late 1970's we were after a centre forward after Andy Gray left for Wolves......our main target was Mick Ferguson from Coventry and We did'nt get him, for whatever reason,  so we switched our attentions to Peter Withe and the rest is history.

Sometimes plan B's work out for the best.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Standard YT comp

Reminds me a little of Rivaldo, but not as quick. Looks a player, strong, clever, creative, good touch, clean striker of the football.

Looks like a cross between a 10 and traditional target man. Could play with any of our current strikers as a result. 

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

would Gyokeres be a good move for us?.....with a hit rate of 2.36 in the last 2 seasons.....it could be a smart gamble.

Ivan Toney made a good step up...as did Jamie Vardy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He reminds me a little of Rivaldo in the same way I remind me a little of Rivaldo when I play. 

And me

I thought his touch was **** awful, looks like a cumbersome bumbling big man getting away with a lot of bad touches

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And me

I thought his touch was **** awful, looks like a cumbersome bumbling big man getting away with a lot of bad touches

So more like Wesley than Rivaldo...

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

would Gyokeres be a good move for us?.....with a hit rate of 2.36 in the last 2 seasons.....it could be a smart gamble.

Ivan Toney made a good step up...as did Jamie Vardy.

I think he could he looks like a player to me.

However we already own one of the Championships hottest strikers in Cameron Archer but I’m all for smart moves like this…

4 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

I think he could he looks like a player to me.

However we already own one of the Championships hottest strikers in Cameron Archer but I’m all for smart moves like this…

Gyökeres has never impressed for Sweden when he's played imo. Not watched him in the Championship so no idea how the standard of defending is there.

Ben Brereton Díaz is the same age had a similar-ish season in 21/22 and he's on a free this summer. 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Gyökeres has never impressed for Sweden when he's played imo. Not watched him in the Championship so no idea how the standard of defending is there.

Ben Brereton Díaz is the same age had a similar-ish season in 21/22 and he's on a free this summer. 

Diaz is likely joining Villarreal

Just now, The_Steve said:

Diaz is likely joining Villarreal

:thumb:

I'm not suggesting we should sign him. Think we need better. Same with Göykeres but I'd be delighted if he takes a giant leap and becomes a top player. Sweden needs it.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

I don’t think BBD is Prem quality but on a free he’d be an interesting shout in the squad in case I’m wrong… however isn’t he off to Villarreal?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Felix would be my number one transfer target if there is a possibility we could afford him. As much as I would love to go out and buy 4/5 players, I don’t think this squad needs an overhaul. If we added Joao Felix and Nico Williams and that was us done, I’d be delighted. 

I am on the same page as you RE an overhaul (not needed) but do think we need to fill some gaps. But yes I think the second striker position is key in terms of improving the first team.