Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 hours ago, Tubby said:

It's been a long time since Villa fans have been able to debate which of the three CMs make it into the two positions. We can rotate, tactically adapt, or play all of them together.

The best thing of all is that Unai is picking the team and not any of us :D

You're  forgetting the great debates of recent years. Lansbury, Tshibola, Thor, Onomah

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Linked with Tielemans on a free apparently. Isn't he very injury prone

No thanks, bloke plays like he's got long covid.

Completely gassed after 10 mins of playing.

8 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Mamardashvili - GK from Valencia replacing Olsen (around £20m)

Dumfries - RB from Inter replacing Young (around £20m)

Pau Torres - CB from Villarreal replacing Chambers (around £40m)

Guendouzi - CM from Olympic Marseille replacing Nakamba (around £20m)

Goncalves - AM from Sporting replacing Coutinho (around £60m)

Asensio - RW from Real Madrid replacing Traore (free)

Thuram - ST from Monchengladbach replacing Duran (free)

These are all players that we have been linked to in the press over the last month or so and some of them are available on free transfers or for less than their market price if rumours are to be believed. By replacing current players I only mean in the squad position. We may offer Young a new contract but I still think we will get competition in for Cash. We may decide/have to keep Coutinho, Duran won't be sold but I don't think he will be the alternative option to Watkins up front next season.

This would give us the following squad of 22 plus extras for next season:

GK - Martinez, Mamardashvili

RB - Dumfries, Cash

CB - Mings, Carlos, Pau Torres, Konsa

LB - Moreno, Digne

DM/CM - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Guendouzi

AM - Goncalves, Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, Asensio, Bailey

ST - Watkins, Thuram

That is roughly £160m and hopefully we might get around £20m total for our own sales. £140m is a lot of money but wouldn't shock me to see us pay this Summer.

Now add to that any promising youngsters that Unai wants to keep around plus any from the following list that we can't shift or want to keep and you have a squad I would back to get us top four next season!

Olsen, Young, Chambers, Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, Coutinho, Archer, Davis, Wesley

We are not paying 20m for a 2nd choice keeper

All i read sorry

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Same as Fabregas, Rooney etc he has played too many games for his age. You tire eventually

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Either that or he just completely downed tools for Leicester, and I wouldn’t want him if that was the case either. 

Hes a quality player, but the last 12 months he’s not looked at it. 

23 minutes ago, supermon said:

20 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

ye, the Leicester fans seem to imply he is allergic to running.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, supermon said:

Few years back I'd of had him, even now if he was showing the form when they won the Premiership, but by god his form has fell off a cliff, shadow of the player he once was, so I think be a no from me, even on a free.

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If we move on Chambers (and excluding Hause) we're at 6 defenders at the club, 3 CBs, 2 LBs and a RB. 

So surely another CB and RB need to be signed. Potentially we might keep Chambers and sign a RB/RCB type player and we're at 8. 

I do think Emery is thinking a RB/RCB/CM type hybrid player we see with City/Arsenal might be way we'll go. A different type of player. 

We clearly have gaps in the defence now but I've no ides what Emery has planned to fill those places

He will just get a RB that plays RB and a CM that plays CM its not that deep 😂 we need a player for each of those positions anyway… i feel very sad today that young has gone he was the last piece of what nostalgia i had left as i was still in school during his first spell , which is quite unreal but thats that now, thanks for everything Youngy and i hope he comes back to VP so we can give him a proper farewell.

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are not paying 20m for a 2nd choice keeper

All i read sorry

I wanna laugh and put thanks lol so had to type 

furthermore Thuram 🫤

Edited by RicRic

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Tielemans would have been a great signing 2 years ago.

Now he scores 3 incredible goals a season and...?

.......gets out of breath?

• Haha 3

This team under Professor Emery is definitely capable of securing a fourth place finish, with a new cm challenging mcginn and co. This would be a dream line up imo

470A6F48-A984-4D02-AD3A-66AB62BF3F0D.jpeg

Edited by RicRic

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

These links are getting lazier and lazier

It's from a pathetic troll account spoofing The AVFC Faithful page.  Please go report AVFCFalthful_ who "jokes" about putting their cat in the microwave too. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

This suggestion may get shot down but screw it, how about Scamacca? I know he has been poor for West Ham but I was watching a podcast that Antonio was on (Filthy Fellas) and he made a point. Moyes didn’t know how to use him(same with Haller) and I’m thinking if we needed a back up striker he might be a decent option. One of the problems though is West Ham would want to recoup as much money as possible for him.

• Haha 1