Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

If we move on Chambers (and excluding Hause) we're at 6 defenders at the club, 3 CBs, 2 LBs and a RB. 

So surely another CB and RB need to be signed. Potentially we might keep Chambers and sign a RB/RCB type player and we're at 8. 

I do think Emery is thinking a RB/RCB/CM type hybrid player we see with City/Arsenal might be way we'll go. A different type of player. 

We clearly have gaps in the defence now but I've no ides what Emery has planned to fill those places

10 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I don't dispute we need a RB - but what has happened to Kessler Hayden?

Wasn't he given a 6 or 7 year contract a couple of years ago, and the loans were meant to be the thing that made him - and I thought he did well.
Only 20 and looked the bits going forward.

I'm concerned about Hayden.

His MK Dons loan went very well, but Huddersfield didn't go well and the fact that he's had no other loan and also got nowhere near the First Team despite 2 keepers on the bench  and Cash injured doesn't bode well.

I'm worried that KKH is too Moreno-like.

Unai appears to want his LBs attacking and his RBs to effectively be CBs. KKH may need to be so good it changes Unais mind on the set up of his team... Or convert to LB or midfield if he's going to make it here.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I don't dispute we need a RB - but what has happened to Kessler Hayden?

Wasn't he given a 6 or 7 year contract a couple of years ago, and the loans were meant to be the thing that made him - and I thought he did well.
Only 20 and looked the bits going forward.

He needs a new loan to the Championship for a full season and not in a relegation dogfight 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

No thanks, don't want him here and getting his part out around town.

There's enough nobs there as it is. Mate.

OK, Mate??

Strange way to close off a response to an innocuous comment but OK.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

That is a highly unrealistic list.

No it isn't, it might be an ambitious list but there is no one there that is beyond us. If we can sign Kamara we can sign Goncalves. If we can sign Coutinho we can sign Asensio. I'm not saying that we will absolutely sign those players but calling it highly unrealistic is showing a distinct lack of ambition and faith in our owners by your good self in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

OK, Mate??

You need to visit the small heath thread mate, it’s nothing against you, it’s against blues fans. mate

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Chelsea have reportedly offered Ugarte £40k / week, which is putting the move in doubt.

Hopefully we can swoop in and sign him.

From previous reports this is less than they are paying Chukwuemeka - so no wonder the move is in doubt.

41 minutes ago, est1874 said:

OK, Mate??

It was related to a joke about Small Heath fans drinking in town. It's not that deep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

No it isn't, it might be an ambitious list but there is no one there that is beyond us. If we can sign Kamara we can sign Goncalves. If we can sign Coutinho we can sign Asensio. I'm not saying that we will absolutely sign those players but calling it highly unrealistic is showing a distinct lack of ambition and faith in our owners by your good self in my opinion.

The keeper isn’t coming as a back up, loads of the fees are too low, Thuram is highly prized by many top clubs.

If we take Chambers, Hause, Sanson, Traore, Nakamba, Davis as all leaving and assume Duran goes on loan and Archer stays around. With Ash gone and a need to replace Steer. 

That means minimum we need 23 players. With maybe 2 additional players in there who won't get too much game time but are cover. 

GK - We need one to take us to 3

Defence - We've 6 players and we need 2 additions to take us to 8. 

Then we have a to pick say 13 players for Mid/Att

Midfield -  We've McGinn, JJ, Luiz, Kamara and Dendocker

Attack - Buendia, Bailey, Watkins, Archer, Coutinho

So I'd say a Striker, a Winger/Forward and a CM/RM

So I think 6 signings, GK, FB, CB, CM, Winger, CF

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Chelsea have reportedly offered Ugarte £40k / week, which is putting the move in doubt.

Did you miss the bit about it being a 46 year contract then? 

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we take Chambers, Hause, Sanson, Traore, Nakamba, Davis as all leaving and assume Duran goes on loan and Archer stays around. With Ash gone and a need to replace Steer. 

That means minimum we need 23 players. With maybe 2 additional players in there who won't get too much game time but are cover. 

With the news that Ash is off that doesn't sound too far off.  My only question is whether we need to sign a CB and a FB or whether Konsa could/will be used as cover for both positions meaning that we only need to sign a RB or a CB and Konsa covers the other position.  I'm not sure that I would be excited about Cash and Konsa being our RB options.  So would prefer a RB and then have Konsa, Mings and Carlos as CBs.  In which case I wouldn't be surprised if Chambers stayed on.  He covers a lot of positions.

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we will get 4-7 in 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I agree with this list.  Must say I was surprised AY was not renewed for 1 season more- I expected Digne to be sold to free up wages.  But with AY gone we definitely will be in the market for for upgrading RB and pushing MCash down.  CB upgrade to replace Chambers and compete with the 3 remaining is great.

Midfield- I still thing Guendouzi is nailed on to sign for Villa this window- he very versatile- and will give us 6 for the midfield 3.

Attack- I'm still of the opinion that Coutinho will be sold to free wages, and we bring the 2 positions you listed above.  That would give us 6 players for 3 spots.  Ascensio type for the F, and a Kang-In type for the winger.

Olsen leaves and we bring in a new backup GK. 

Sprinkle in the kids to fill gaps- Job done- roll on to the new season!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

I agree with this list.  Must say I was surprised AY was not renewed for 1 season more- I expected Digne to be sold to free up wages.  But with AY gone we definitely will be in the market for for upgrading RB and pushing MCash down.  CB upgrade to replace Chambers and compete with the 3 remaining is great.

Midfield- I still thing Guendouzi is nailed on to sign for Villa this window- he very versatile- and will give us 6 for the midfield 3.

Attack- I'm still of the opinion that Coutinho will be sold to free wages, and we bring the 2 positions you listed above.  That would give us 6 players for 3 spots.  Ascensio type for the F, and a Kang-In type for the winger.

Olsen leaves and we bring in a new backup GK. 

Sprinkle in the kids to fill gaps- Job done- roll on to the new season!

No chance Digne is sold imo. Very good player and we need 2 LBs. We won't be signing a better player so why sell Digne. 

Nobody would buy Coutinho so he will stay, plus he can still offer something if he can stay fit. 

Olsen will stay as we need 3 GKs with additional competitions now with Europe. I think he will become 3rd choice though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Dalot new contract confirmed. Wonder what that means for wan bissaka

I don't think Wan-Bissaka was in Erik ten Hag's plans at all until the defensive injury crisis this season forced him to play him.  Based on ten Hag's recent comments, Wan-Bissaka has won him over and I don't think Man United are going to actively be shopping him this summer, but probably will still entertain a solid offer for him.  He's statistically the best 1v1 defender in the Premier League but his lack of production on the attacking side of the ball holds back Man United right now.  On paper, he would be fantastic for us because we've seen Young/Cash not really venturing forward as much as Moreno/Digne have been on the left.