Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Felix was an embarrassingly shit signing for Chelsea. Atletico paid €130 million or whatever it was for him, he failed to live up to it and Simeone didn't like him, so much so he was happy to let him go in January. However Simeone may possibly be off soon himself so rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater they give Felix a new deal before then loaning him to Chelsea - who don't know how to use him but just want to sign all of the players - for a decent fee but with apparently no option to make it permanent, so in the event that Simeone does leave they can just use him again under whoever the new manager is.

He's a lovely player to watch but really not that effective at the highest level, obviously good enough for Villa (and given our system he'd probably work well in it compared to most other sides where he struggles to have a natural position) but I can't see it being a goer at all this summer.

Yh, well..

He can go **** himself.

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Are we being linked with any RB?

Should be first priority.

Really? I think attacking players are the priority. Our defensive record has been pretty outstanding so can't be the priority.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Really? I think attacking players are the priority. Our defensive record has been pretty outstanding so can't be the priority.

Did you watch Cash against Brighton?

Extremely worrying.

• Like 3

Just now, Pinebro said:

Extremely worrying.

Our whole back line struggled that first half. Second half they played very well, including Cash against Mitoma. Doesn’t exclude the position from needing an upgrade but attack should be the priority.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Extremely worrying.

He did well against Brighton, plus that's one game. He was in superb form in those 4/5 games before he got injured. Showing he was picking up the way Emery wanted him playing. 

• Like 3

Cash has barely played and has been injured. I'm not too worried about his ability, even after a bad half.  He played bloody well against Messi and Mbappe only a few months ago in the World Cup. The kid is mad capable for the £14m we spent on him and he's not far off 100 appearances for us.

We could do with a RB I agree but I'm not desperate for it. Depending on how Emery rates KKH he may think Cash, Young, Konsa and KKH can handle it next year and instead see Unai change up CB with Konsa deputising across RB and CB.

We gave KKH a 5 Year contract at 18, he's going to be wanting to see a path to the first team soon - I think he could be a big casualty of our changing system tbh.

(FWIW, whilst I like Cash I think we will buy a RB and I could see us grabbing Aaron Wan-Bissaka mid-late in the window for around £20m and KKH goes on one last loan)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Are we being linked with any RB?

Should be first priority.

I agree with this, but i wonder if we might look for a more defensive minded right back to counter the attack mindedness of Moreno on the left. Is it possible for example we could see Konsa play there to allow Carlos or a new centre back to play with Mings ?

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

(FWIW, whilst I like Cash I think we will buy a RB and I could see us grabbing Aaron Wan-Bissaka mid-late in the window for around £20m and KKH goes on one last loan)

AWB had a really good end to the season. I think he’ll stay at United unless they bring in a nailed on starter at RB and force him out. I’d have him at Villa all day. His end product can be a bit hit and miss but a good player. 

Just now, Herman22 said:

AWB had a really good end to the season. I think he’ll stay at United unless they bring in a nailed on starter at RB and force him out. I’d have him at Villa all day. His end product can be a bit hit and miss but a good player. 

Been a lot of noise about them going after Frimpong from Leverkusen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Our whole back line struggled that first half. Second half they played very well, including Cash against Mitoma. Doesn’t exclude the position from needing an upgrade but attack should be the priority.

We need some aggression up front.....along with all the skill factors of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Extremely worrying.

Agree he looked very rusty but apparently he was on injections to manage his recent injury which does go in his defence to be fair. I don’t think he’s a bad player, but out of the current back 4 I think he looks like the one who could be upgraded considering he was already struggling to maintain his place over Young at times this season 

• Like 1

Pace and strength are the 2 major factors we need in the side this summer to add to the obvious technical ability. 

And if we are being greedy in one window bringing in a GK, RB, LCB, CM, LWF, RWF, CF would be very good for the overall squad quality.

Olsen, Traore, Chambers, Dendoncker, to be replaced/upgraded. Young possibly replaced this summer? Possibly 4-5 replacements and a couple of more to bolster the squad and we'll be good to go imo.

Whether or not we do all this in one window remains to be seen and probably a little fanciful. 

• Like 1