Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Flabbergasted by the Barnes links to be honest. Apparently it’s a Lange signing. Can’t begin to imagine all the scouting that’s gone into that move…

Just seems like a really odd move given the direction we’re trying to move in. I just don’t think he’s that good

Isn’t Lange supposedly off to West Ham? If so, Barnes is the type of West Ham signing I’d expect them to make. 

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Still offering facials as part of transfer negotiations then?

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Still offering facials as part of transfer negotiations then?

Do you think we should be starting a separate thread now? 🤣

I think wierdly it is easier to get a player like Asensio as he has been there and done it all... apart from the Prem. **** me he would be massive. His goals are outrageous. As i said before. Hits the ball just like Hitz used to . 

• Like 1

Proven premier league player not even reached his peak yet but his English. Villa fans ain’t happen.

If he’s from Europe and highly rated but they’ve never seen him play. It’s an exciting signing, 

Some things never change. 

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Don’t want to be the one to ruin the excitement but I’ve heard he’s been offered to Arsenal and City as well

Heard from whom? Credible source ?

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Edit: beaten to it and I thought I was fast!

This is BS. He ain’t coming to Villa. 

If he does though it will be a statement signing and probably the biggest in the recent clubs history. Then again I thought that about Coutinho.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Proven premier league player not even reached his peak yet but his English. Villa fans ain’t happen.

If he’s from Europe and highly rated but they’ve never seen him play. It’s an exciting signing, 

Proven international and goalscorer Madrid. Asensio is a huge name and a much better player than Barnes. 

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

I realised it was a parody account that deleted it lol, one of my mates sent it to me and I’ve had a few already 😂 sorry.

No problem. I would be very surprised if most, if not all, top clubs have not been made aware of the situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he does though it will be a statement signing and probably the biggest in the recent clubs history. Then again I thought that about Coutinho.

Very different to Coutinho...

Asensio is a player in his prime who has impressed for years at Madrid, who is looking for first team football instead of winning things as a bit-part player.  It's like Zinchenko leaving Man City and going to Arsenal last summer.  Would be a bigger meltdown signing than Darren Bent was, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well apparently the journo quoted here is " Tier One "  and one of the most reliable sources when it comes to Real Madrid.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Barnes personifies a stereotypical Martin O'Neill type signing more so than anyone else in the Premier League right now besides maybe Dwight McNeil.  English, overrated, and will be overpriced for what he offers.  I would be very disappointed if he was brought in as more than a bench/rotation option because I don't think he's good enough for a team like ours who is chasing Europe next season.  

• Like 1