Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

yeah it is an interesting one, 60m for him when we already have Kamara & Dougie. Maybe planning on pushing Dougie up? Or just wanting more depth. 

Even stronger links with that. Ugarte will be quite interesting, are we being used by the agent to get Liverpool to pay up?

Could be but is his agent Mendes who has contact with Nassef Sawiris?

s

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

They are going via Mendes who we have a good relationship with so its more likely we have shown interest

yeah I noticed that. I really think that he would be quite a coup as a signing. A Douglas, Kamara & Ugarte midfield might be one of the best in the league and will be one for the long term as well. I would absolutely love it.

And a bit surprised that we haven't really dipped into the Mendes pool as much as with Nassef's connections with him. I also remember that Emery's deal was also brought with him? 

• Like 2

Our midfield trio of mcginn,luiz,kamara should not be touched but more rotated quite regularly to allow for rest giving Lo Celso regular game time and so on, but we should get two forward players in both williams and torres, we need to snap up BOTH its very important that we do… how comfortable would everyone be with that squad below.

A trio of Watkins, Torres & Williams would give me confidence in any game especially with that solid midfield and defence

Major Signings 

• Nico Williams (Ath Bilbao) £44M 
  • Ferran Torres (Barcelona) £43M
  • Vanderson (As Monaco) £35M 
  • Giovanni Lo Celso (Spurs) £25M
  • Mark Flekken (Sc Freiburg) £12M

EST Total Spend - £160M 

Our outgoings should balance that to around £115M hopefully

876A7FFE-E644-477C-BDFE-FA45FACAB57D.jpeg

Edited by RicRic

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ugarte and Guendouzi and a wide midfielder (Asensio??) and we have no issues in midfield for a long, long time.

if we get Ugarte & Guendouzi, we genuinely might have the third best midfield in the league. 

35 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Our midfield trio of mcginn,luiz,kamara should not be touched but more rotated quite regularly to allow for rest giving Lo Celso regular game time and so on, but we should get two forward players in both williams and torres, we need to snap up BOTH its very important that we do… how comfortable would everyone be with that squad below.

A trio of Watkins, Torres & Williams would give me confidence in any game especially with that solid midfield and defence

Major Signings 

EST Total Spend - £160M 

Plus the Cups, AND push for Europe ( Or the Europa Conference if we somehow squeeze in next season ).

As well as inevitable injuries, loss of form and system changes for different opposition.

• Like 1

I haven't got a clue who we might sign, but I'm happy and excited to wait and see. I would bet Emery's/ 

Alemany's signings (with the backing of NSWE) will be perfect for our immediate needs. I trust them all completely .

"Complete trust" is a magical commodity which none of our previous owners or managers and staff have engendered in us. This is a first! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Ugarte???  He's a 5'10" defensive midfielder with no goals or assists this year...  What makes you think he'd be a good option for the attacking roles for us?

He skilled and can pass. Not simply y a clogger. Also to have the pressing and tackling stats he has, means he isn't a holding player, but a ball winner. With good movement too. 

• Like 1

Add Roma Brazilian CB Roger Ibañez to the list of players media are linking us to. Anyone got anything on him? Not watched him much but I trust Emery would be able to get a tune out of him.

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Major Signings 

EST Total Spend - £160M 

Flekken is already on his way to Brentford to replace Raya.  Pretty much a done deal being reported by everyone.

Also, weren't you flipping out about Torres being a terrible signing the other day?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Flekken is already on his way to Brentford to replace Raya.  Pretty much a done deal being reported by everyone.

Also, weren't you flipping out about Torres being a terrible signing the other day?

Where is Raya going?

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Major Signings 

EST Total Spend - £160M 

Loving the extravagance - just buy Lo Celso and not even pplay him, just to flick the V’s at Spurs. Cool 👌 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Erm i dont think that would have been me 🤔 but i do prefer nico out the two… but we need to be ambitious and snap up both , they are needed for each side of watkins and away we go… champions league contenders 

11 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I'm not so set on who should be a starter now. I'm of the opinion you get 2 or 3 players for each position and let them earn it. Maybe Torres and Mings are the ones who earn it for a while, maybe Konsa and Carlos take it from them. But we need the competition and depth. Mings and Konsa have definitely played well enough to be 2 of the 4 / 5. We don't don't know how Carlos is fitness wise yet and there's another spot for a top CB, with one of the better kids (maybe Feeney) as the cover.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we get 8 in with almost as many leaving.

GK, RB, CB, LB (if Digne leaves), CM, CAM, FW, ST.

100% this. We need to change our mindset in regards to ‘who will X replace’. It’s not about that anymore in modern football. The only reason Unai has kept pretty much the same XI is simply due to lack of options. He will want multiple options for each game and that game’s tactical plan. 

The days of a settled starting XI are gone……or they should be once Unai finalises his recruitment. Never before has the 25 man squad been more important and/or relevant than the XI. 

• Like 2