Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why wait! Obligatory!...

Some comments of note are: 

" he is a pressing monster. he is exactly the kind of player Klopp's midfield needs. " 

" The aggressiveness of Edgar Davids and the technique of Fernando Redondo. This boy is incredible. The perfect player for Klopp. "

" The most complete midfielder i ever saw in Sporting. And in The last years we had bruno Fernandes, Matheus Nunes, palhinha… "

The last player we had who had his socks like that wasn't bad.

Edited by AshVilla

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ugarte OMG i think i just wet myself

I watched a minute and it's obvious he's an excellent player. Can't see him picking us over Liverpool. But one can hope! He is better than all of our midfielders.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I watched a minute and it's obvious he's an excellent player. Can't see him picking us over Liverpool. But one can hope! He is better than all of our midfielders.

We may act quicker, and the Mendes link might swing it. 

LIV and CHE and NEW all interested in Ugarte it seems...so it would seem unlikely, especially if he is amigos with Darwin Nunez and Luis Suarez.

No idea who this Jacque Talbot guy is - read the story and not all that convinced. We can offer big wages absolutely but not sure we will trigger any such release clauses. Whose to say though. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

LIV and CHE and NEW all interested in Ugarte it seems...so it would seem unlikely, especially if he is amigos with Darwin Nunez and Luis Suarez.

Interested but what does that mean in context.  Interested enough to do a deal, to pay the price we will and wages or is he back up option if they don’t get their first choice.  I always find the “interested” comment too ambiguous to take seriously.  Let’s see what happens because so often the other interested parties don’t seem to be that interested when the deals happens.  Generally one club is seriously interested and maybe two but four…nah!

22 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

You’ve determined that he’s better than all of our midfielders after 1 minute on YouTube? 🤣

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ugarte would almost certainly displace Luiz in the XI. Certainly in central midfield anyway. Unless we changed formation. 

tbh tho the LM and 2 x CMs form kind of a midfield 3 when we go forward, so Luiz could move to that LM role that comes inside when we go forward, which is basically what Emery did with his LM at Villarreal.

Same for Guendouzi tbh, he or Luiz could play the CM alongside Kamara, or either could do that LM cutting inside position.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

You’ve determined that he’s better than all of our midfielders after 1 minute on YouTube? 🤣

Not like me, I'm usually hyper critical of YouTube vids. But I was just really impressed. He's breaking thinks up with ease, then not just keeping the ball, but doing things a top midfield playmaker would do. Plus he looks powerful. This kind of player is special. 51mill seems like a bargain. 

Compare Goncalves YouTube vid. He's beating players but he's more often then not looking pressured, and just about staying on his feet. Some of the finishes would be easily saved in the Prem. He looks good, but that's the Portuguese league. Ugarte looks like he is simply a level above his opposition. It all looks so easy. That's the sign of a top class player.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maybe a controversial question, but is Kamara a sure shot starter in Emery's team come September?

Depends upon any further signings we make. Under Unai no player will be guaranteed a start - they will have to earn their place.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Depends upon any further signings we make. Under Unai no player will be guaranteed a start - they will have to earn their place.

Exactly what I wanted to hear and what I'm hoping for.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maybe a controversial question, but is Kamara a sure shot starter in Emery's team come September?

I'd be shocked if he weren't still a starter come to beginning of next season as it means some kind of incredible signing(s) has been made, but I do think folk get too hung up at times on thinking stuff like "(player) has been playing well, no way do we sign someone else in his position".

The reality is that there are extremely few - if any - players in the squad that can't be improved upon in some capacity. So if the club are going to be as "ambitious" as is being reported then any one of them could feasibly see their spot get taken if the opportunity is there, even if some positions seem to need more obvious addressing than others.