Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I would sell any player for the right price, providing we have better to bring in.

but its not always a given, that better is coming in.....and that has proved to be the case over the last 15 years, and when it has been, its marginal, bar for a few cases.

Sure, moving forward, that may well change.....I will wait until I am sure , it does.

22 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Ok, I'm gonna do what I said I wouldn't and make some suggestions for one and outs.

Outs: Steer, Olsen, Young, Hause, Chambers, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, Bailey, Coutinho, Davis, Wesley

Ins: Lafont, Dumfries, Pau Torres, Kokcu, Guendouzi, Goncalves, Williams, Thuram

That would give us a squad of 22 great players plus several top youngsters. I'm not saying we will make this many changes, or that we can even afford to, but what a squad that would be! Hell, why not get Merino as well just to be safe. Squad of 23 (24 with Archer).

Martinez          Lafont

Dumfries          Cash

Carlos               Konsa

Pau Torres       Mings

Moreno            Digne

Kamara            Dendoncker

Luiz                   Guendouzi

McGinn             Kokcu

Goncalves        Ramsey

Buendia            Williams

Watkins            Thuram

V Sports Finance Director as just resigned....seeing that.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Mateu Alemany -> Villa
Geeza from Betis -> Barcelona? 

Certainly explains why Villa denied us appointing the guy from Betis as the new DoF. I think we should be excited by this right? Lol

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I don’t know if this is the right place to post but…

Who the hell is he? 

EDIT reading about him apparently arranged the signing of eto'o for 4.4m

But rest od his cv is mixed bag

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Certainly explains why Villa denied us appointing the guy from Betis as the new DoF. I think we should be excited by this right? Lol

No clues, no idea who he is but Barcelona fans seem a bit upset by it on Twitter. So maybe?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Is he the guy that pulls all the levers at barca?

I believe so. Don't know that much about him - but hasn't Barcelona's recruitment been kinda scatterbrain in the past couple seasons? His time at Valencia wasn't great either from my understanding... 

Edited by trillvillan

6 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

"Unlimited budget"

Apparently he said he could not work within Barça's salary limitations and hope to build a competitive side for next season. This guy did sell us Coutinho, so he's definitely got something about him!

In light of this DOF rumour here's a name I haven't seen mentioned anywhere but could actually make some sense now:

Raphinha.

Premier league proven and still only 26. He's started regularly for Barca but I don't think he's quite got the quality for them and they have endless forwards so get the feeling they'll sell if a good bid comes in.

At Leeds he scored 11 premier league goals last year so that's exactly what we need from support striker or wide attacker. He'd certainly be more convincing then Bailey anyway.

We'll certainly be offered some Barca players if/when Alemany comes in anyway. Ferran Torres might be another but unconvinced he'd fit in with what Emery is building.

• Like 1