Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why sign Emile Smith-Rowe for £50m, when we can sigh Emiliano Herrero-Roja for £15m 🤣

And do we really need another Emi in the team?

We need 11 Emi’s 😂 Never diss the Emi train.

22/23 Groin Surgery Sep 26, 2022 Nov 28, 2022 63 days 13Arsenal FC
20/21 Shoulder Injury Sep 10, 2020 Oct 26, 2020 46 days 9Arsenal FC
19/20 Head Injury Sep 23, 2019 Oct 7, 2019 14 days 2Arsenal FC U23
19/20 Groin Injury Aug 8, 2019 Aug 19, 2019 11 days 2Arsenal FC U23
18/19 Adductor problems Apr 22, 2019 May 13, 2019 21 days 4RB Leipzig
18/19 Hamstring Injury Jan 14, 2019 Apr 15, 2019 91 days 18Arsenal FC U23RB Leipzig
18/19 groin strain Nov 29, 2018 Feb 28, 2019 91 days 6Arsenal FC U23RB Leipzig
18/19 Bruised Rib Sep 27, 2018 Oct 4, 2018 7 days

1Arsenal FC U23

https://www.transfermarkt.com/emile-smith-rowe/verletzungen/spieler/392765

Guy needs to sort out his upper leg issues.

50 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Smith Rowe is a difficult one he has fell down the pecking order under Arteta I wonder what sort of salary he is on right now? 

We got him his new deal in 2021 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But I'm intrigued how we'd price up the gamble of a career long groin injury that hasn't been tested since it was operated on. 

I guess priced as normal and the deal only goes through if he passes the medical.  Given Arsenal probably don’t want to sell I doubt the buying on a fee and then large add ons based on appearances would fly so just a normal deal and then as I said a medical and significant focus on the prior injury.  If he passes then it’s just risk, however small or large.

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

I wouldn’t go near Smith-Rowe, better quality in Europe and like others have stated, his injury history is suspect

Where would you play him. Instead of JJ ? Instead of Buendia.  A very good player but injuries and what position he would play are big issues. 

28 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Where would you play him. Instead of JJ ? Instead of Buendia.  A very good player but injuries and what position he would play are big issues. 

He wouldn’t get in my side as I wouldn’t buy him.

I do think we need some proper quality additions in the LM/CAM and RM positions though, to really push the likes of JJ, McGinn and Buendia. 

I’d like to see some more creativity come in, without losing too much of our pressing and defensive qualities.

For this reason I can see us going for Goncalves as he offers both offensive and defensive qualities that are questionably better than what we already have.

If we had say Goncalves on the left to start, to give us that creative spark to counter a low block, we score and then have the option to bring on the ball carrying ability of JJ on the counter.

I think Emery will want lots of options moving forward so I can see a few different types of players, attribute wise, come in to some positions. 

It’s the same reason I think we’ll see a more offensive CM come in too to compete with Luiz

I guess it all depends if we get a spot in Europe and what trophy it is, as if we get champions league, there will be players wanting to come if we qualify for that, either way the summer will be interesting on who we manage to get and sell

1 minute ago, burchy said:

He wouldn’t get in my side as I wouldn’t buy him.

I do think we need some proper quality additions in the LM/CAM and RM positions though, to really push the likes of JJ, McGinn and Buendia. 

I’d like to see some more creativity come in, without losing too much of our pressing and defensive qualities.

For this reason I can see us going for Goncalves as he offers both offensive and defensive qualities that are questionably better than what we already have.

If we had say Goncalves on the left to start, to give us that creative spark to counter a low block, we score and then have the option to bring on the ball carrying ability of JJ on the counter.

I think Emery will want lots of options moving forward so I can see a few different types of players, attribute wise, come in to some positions. 

It’s the same reason I think we’ll see a more offensive CM come in too to compete with Luiz

For the first time in his career Emery is using the same side as much as possible  which says more about how shallow our squad depth is. Expect with more high quality players he will change up alot more. 

34 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Here's the thing. I literally do not care about this transfer window, in that I actually trust the person making the final call, that the players he wants will fit the way he wants to play and will work for a period of time. It's not a scatter gun approach anymore.

Buy the best player we can to provide the skills we are missing to be a better team. Transfer fee, big name recognition are irrelevant. See Moreno.

Exactly  - means we can concentrate on what we do best. 200 page threads for players that will never come here packed full fish puns

Smith-Roe anyone?

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Diaby at Leverkusen must be worth a look. Scored plenty in second half of the season and still pretty young. Bouba can have a word there surely.

He's rapid, but bare in mind he comes from the same team Leon did, where the style of play seems to suit them.

I've never really seen him play but have read about them.

* They have similarly recorded speeds in the Bundesliga, but Leon got " broken " here. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Here's the thing. I literally do not care about this transfer window, in that I actually trust the person making the final call, that the players he wants will fit the way he wants to play and will work for a period of time. It's not a scatter gun approach anymore.

Buy the best player we can to provide the skills we are missing to be a better team. Transfer fee, big name recognition are irrelevant. See Moreno.

Agreed, but will spend every day thinking about the window and who we might bring in

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Diaby at Leverkusen must be worth a look. Scored plenty in second half of the season and still pretty young. Bouba can have a word there surely.

Pretty sure he is being linked to the ginormous sides 

I see someone like Guendouzi competing with McGinn. Someone who can either play an aggressive attacking role or a forward thinking defensive midfielder when cover is required for Kamara or Luiz.

Goncalves I think would compete more with Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho. Coutinho will probably stay in my opinion. He hasn't had a proper chance to show what he can do under Emery yet, apparently had a 50% sell on clause from Barcelona and I just don't think we will have many serious offers for him until Unai works his magic on him.

If we are after someone of the Bailey or Traore ilk then I would expect it to be at one of their expense. This would be the Williams style signing. Personally I think we have played best with Buendia or Coutinho in that central attacking midfielder/centre forward role rather than Bailey (can't stand the phrase support striker, what does that even mean?) However I think Unai would like a speedy winger and proper second striker as alternatives to mix things up.

I honestly don't think our back line needs any additions, although good opportunities should never be wasted. 4 top quality additions at the attacking end, e.g. Guendouzi, Goncalves, Williams and Thuram would give us 25 good squad players and some to move on.

GK - Martinez, Olsen, Sinisalo

Defenders - Cash, Young, Carlos, Konsa, Mings, Chambers, Digne, Moreno

Midfielders - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey, Traore, Guendouzi, Goncalves, Williams

Strikers, Watkins, Thuram, Archer

Possible loans - Marschall, Kesler Hayden, Feeney, Chrisene, Revan, Bogarde, Swinkels (if he gets a new contract), O'Reilly, Ramsey, Philogene, Barry, Duran

Definitely going - Steer, Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Davis, Wesley, Chukwuemeka

5 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I see someone like Guendouzi competing with McGinn. Someone who can either play an aggressive attacking role or a forward thinking defensive midfielder when cover is required for Kamara or Luiz.

Goncalves I think would compete more with Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho. Coutinho will probably stay in my opinion. He hasn't had a proper chance to show what he can do under Emery yet, apparently had a 50% sell on clause from Barcelona and I just don't think we will have many serious offers for him until Unai works his magic on him.

If we are after someone of the Bailey or Traore ilk then I would expect it to be at one of their expense. This would be the Williams style signing. Personally I think we have played best with Buendia or Coutinho in that central attacking midfielder/centre forward role rather than Bailey (can't stand the phrase support striker, what does that even mean?) However I think Unai would like a speedy winger and proper second striker as alternatives to mix things up.

I honestly don't think our back line needs any additions, although good opportunities should never be wasted. 4 top quality additions at the attacking end, e.g. Guendouzi, Goncalves, Williams and Thuram would give us 25 good squad players and some to move on.

GK - Martinez, Olsen, Sinisalo

Defenders - Cash, Young, Carlos, Konsa, Mings, Chambers, Digne, Moreno

Midfielders - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey, Traore, Guendouzi, Goncalves, Williams

Strikers, Watkins, Thuram, Archer

Possible loans - Marschall, Kesler Hayden, Feeney, Chrisene, Revan, Bogarde, Swinkels (if he gets a new contract), O'Reilly, Ramsey, Philogene, Barry, Duran

Definitely going - Steer, Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Davis, Wesley, Chukwuemeka

You had me until this bit ….

Gk - Martinez, OLSEN, Sinisalo