Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

23 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's THE hottest prospect in Europe right now and is linked to every top club in the rags.  He's having a monster season at Vigo and it's an absolute certainty he's off in a big money move this summer.  I think City will be going for Bellingham this summer and Veiga would be the backup option if they don't get him.  Man United/Liverpool will want him for their midfields too, as I don't think they can afford Belllingham, well as Real/Barca/Atletico...  The only way we stand a chance at signing him is if Emery sells him a dream, we pay him 200k+/week, and we somehow pull off Champions League qualification.  

I’ve never heard of him. He’s playing now, not having a great game. Lee Kang-In is also playing.

How much do we think a couple of refs and VAR operators would cost us? We need at least 3 if we’re going compete with the top 6. 

Just now, av1 said:

How much do we think a couple of refs and VAR operators would cost us? We need at least 3 if we’re going compete with the top 6. 

I mean... this has GOT to be happening. The VAR decisions in favour of the "top" sides is getting blatant now.

4 minutes ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

I think it's cowardice more than corruption though.

If they give a decision against one of the top teams, and it ends up being wrong, it'll be replayed on TV for months. If it ends up costing them the league or whatever, they'll be dragging that footage out again, and highlighting their mistake. If they give a wrong decision against a smaller team, or a team that's in mid-table, it mightn't even make the highlights that day, because there's no "story" for the media to sell there. So, if they're not sure on something, they'll often err on the side of the big teams.

I'm certain that a fairly high profile ref retired early, and said almost exactly that in an interview when he quit, but I can't find the interview.

I mean, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but taking responsibility for their refereeing is literally their only f***ing job. 

Bottling that responsibility by giving decisions to big teams is utterly cowardly, and is an instant sacking offence in my book. 

I'd rather they got things wrong than bottle the big calls and hand it off to Daddy VAR. VAR has totally undermined the refs responsibilities, and the refs love it.

• Like 1

As for Kyle Walker. I believe he will still be a top player for at least another 2 years, however why would city be selling him? They won’t get a big fee an he is at the very least a great back up player.

for us however I doubt we would pay anywhere near the wages he would require and not on a long term deal.

id file it under bull.

• Like 1

I’ve been looking into Gonclaves after so many mentions on here and his record since leaving wolves is very good, very versatile and I think it would be hilarious to sign him as they let him slip through their fingers only giving him 30 minutes game time apparently in the league 

13 hours ago, sne said:

Rather ask what their plan is for Kulusevski now that Conte and maybe Paratici is gone. Maybe they no longer want to make that loan deal from Juve permanent. Kulusevski would be useful in a number of roles is a Emery system.

Good shout. I think he id a veey good player just struggling under poor management systems. We dhould definitely look into this

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

As for Kyle Walker. I believe he will still be a top player for at least another 2 years, however why would city be selling him? They won’t get a big fee an he is at the very least a great back up player.

for us however I doubt we would pay anywhere near the wages he would require and not on a long term deal.

id file it under bull.

Pep takes these notions of just getting rid of players even if they are still good, Cancelo, Sterling, Sane to name a few.

Also, didn't he come out and say something about Walker recently that he isn't capable of playing a certain role within his team, I'm nearly sure I read something like that?

Was watching some podcast yesterday and someone mentioned we should go for Enes Ünal. Never seen much of him but looks an interesting player from his youtube video. Anyone know much about him?

Dumfries would be a strange one as well he isnt the defensive right back people are assuming we are signing. I dont think he is good enough as a right midfielder than he is a wing back

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dumfries would be a strange one as well he isnt the defensive right back people are assuming we are signing. I dont think he is good enough as a right midfielder than he is a wing back

Yeah, very strange link if true, not what we need for RB.  Probably just his agent using us to tempt United or Spurs or someone to go for him.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we will have to get used to 2 things. Dissecting the rumours that are true and are bullsht and also wondering why he would want a player and where he would play him. Unai has got a bit of a bit of a Brian Cloughs about him. He will see something in a player than none of us will i guess. Perfectly happy to go along with whatever he chooses though. If he wants Dumfries and wants to play him at cb then goahead Unai. 5 months in and he has earned the right for trust already which is amazing really