Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I know Emery prefers a hybrid RB but if Saints go down I'd be looking at Walker-Peters. 

Also I'd still enquiry about James Ward Prowse. Imagine two McGinns in midfield. 

I think our second McGinn is surely going to be Guendouzi. Can play either the DM or wide midfield roles. Too much smoke here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Said a year ago one or both of Phillips and Ward Prowse would improve us, still stand by that.

I didn't ever really think Phillips was keen on us and he got the move he wanted, with the result that a lot of us had predicted. I did want JWP and I still wouldn't say no. 

35 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I know Emery prefers a hybrid RB but if Saints go down I'd be looking at Liveramento. 

Also I'd still enquiry about James Ward Prowse. Imagine two McGinns in midfield. 

Fixed

43 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I know Emery prefers a hybrid RB but if Saints go down I'd be looking at Livramento. 

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Fixed

Fixed.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

We might, if he performs well enough the remainder of the season. Emery loves Super Bertie.

His contract is up in June 24 and I think the chances we offer him a new contract are very close to 0%. His performances will boost his sale price

Edited by CVByrne

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I think the chances we offer him a new contract are very close to 0% 

Depends on if we get Europe or not.  If we do, I don't think he'll be going anywhere as we will need him, he could possibly get a contract extension in that scenario.  

If we don't get Europe, he might be sold to fund an upgrade in that position.

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Depends on if we get Europe or not.  If we do, I don't think he'll be going anywhere as we will need him, he could possibly get a contract extension in that scenario.  

If we don't get Europe, he might be sold to fund an upgrade in that position.

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season.

Fair point

7 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’ll be disappointed if we signed Phillips or Ward-Prowse this summer. I back Emery and team to go out and get someone truly top tier from Spain or France. 

People mentioning the likes of Walker-Peters, Billing. Sorry to disappoint you, but these aren’t the calibre of players we’ll be aiming for now. 

Agreed

33 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’ll be disappointed if we signed Phillips or Ward-Prowse this summer. I back Emery and team to go out and get someone truly top tier from Spain or France. 

People mentioning the likes of Walker-Peters, Billing. Sorry to disappoint you, but these aren’t the calibre of players we’ll be aiming for now. 

Brexit signings. We need foreign flair and bargains.

Edited by SecretVillaScout

41 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

His contract is up in June 24 and I think the chances we offer him a new contract are very close to 0%. His performances will boost his sale price

I’d keep Bertie over Coutinho, I’d argue Bailey hasn’t worked out and is more saleable