Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I could see a newly promoted side paying 10 - 15m.

He's declining massively but would still do a job to try and keep a team in the division.

I can't see them paying his wages or him taking a paycut.  That was the gamble with signing him in the first place, he would have to have two good seasons at least for us to have been worth the money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He's declining massively but would still do a job to try and keep a team in the division.

Wages will be an issue there. 

I could see him ending up at Marseille in a deal with Guendouzi if the finances can add up. They've signed guys like Payet and Alexis Sanchez from premier league clubs so could add Digne to the wage bill.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Don’t see any club giving Digne a 150-160k per week contract so not sellable even for 0 pounds. But he’s not quite Turkey material so maybe a subsidized loan to France.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’d sell for anything above 5 I imagine.

I get the wage will be an issue IF we won't go down from 120 to say 80 but 5 million is taking the piss it will be 10-15 at least.
My prediction if he does go then it will be to a very big club as a backup.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

I get the wage will be an issue IF we won't go down from 120 to say 80 but 5 million is taking the piss it will be 10-15 at least.
My prediction if he does go then it will be to a very big club as a backup.

Who is bidding 10m please?

What a treat that'll be when it comes through.

If I remember correctly, it's better for FFP to loan a player out than take a big loss on their transfer fee. 

The club is about £10m into the £25m transfer fee they paid (I think he signed a a 3.5 year deal?) and he's on a similar amount in total wages over that time (£150k p/w) so would need a decent return to balance the books. 

He will probably end up being loaned out next season and we'll cover at least 50% of the wages unless a silly club offer £10m+ and agree to some sort of wage packet to sign him permanently . Similar to the Matt Targett situation ironically.

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Way bigger issues than Digne. Creativity, intelligence and winning mentality are sadly lacking with this squad a few aside… 

That will be the core of the rebuild. Way more important. 

I can see Digne as a makeweight for say Guendouzi or loaned out to a French club either way. 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd love to know what clubs will drop money and match 3 years of 100k - 150k on a 30 year old left back who's been rubbish for about 30 months. Whether that's back up at a top club or at a club worse than us

You're living in cuckoo land man.

Loan to Turkey, rinse and repeat

Looks like the Ibrahima Bamba deal has a serious chance of actually happening, as their president as stated that the deal for us to buy a share in them came about because of our interest in one of their players.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I could see him ending up at Marseille in a deal with Guendouzi if the finances can add up. They've signed guys like Payet and Alexis Sanchez from premier league clubs so could add Digne to the wage bill.

Good shout.

47 minutes ago, useless said:

Looks like the Ibrahima Bamba deal has a serious chance of actually happening, as their president as stated that the deal for us to buy a share in them came about because of our interest in one of their players.

I find this staggering to be honest. 

I don’t fully understand football finances. I don’t care to understand them. But when you have players moving for £100-150m now, it’s mad to think we were interested in a player and it’s worked out cheaper to buy half the club as well as the player than it would be to get somebody of a similar profile from a rival in this division. 

Moving forward, we should just buy clubs to get their players. 

Simples, right?

I don't think we're buying shares in the club just to get the player, there's a lot more to it than that, we had already previously been interested in buying them but that initial deal fell through when they changed president, but was thenresuurected when we opened discussions for one of their players, doesn't state Bamba by name, but presumably him.

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Their 29yr old LB’s contract expires in the summer so perhaps it’s a goer