Willy Gnonto

Spoony

Feel like he already deserves his own thread. He really does look like the real deal. Thought he looked very dangerous against us and now he’s scoring goals like this:

He will end up with one of the big boys. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He looked decent against us but his league stats this season if include 6 games in Switzerland is just a goals and an assist in 13 games this season

Hardly an elite wonderkid at this stage

Used to be on FM 😜

That was back when he was at inter Milan, not sure why he left their youth set up and ended up in the Swiss league

Hard to judge wingers as whether or not they'll make it too, especially in the PL, so many disappear by their mid 20s

Edit - FWIW conte was manager when he left inter

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Used to be on FM 😜

That was back when he was at inter Milan, not sure why he left their youth set up and ended up in the Swiss league

Hard to judge wingers as whether or not they'll make it too, especially in the PL, so many disappear by their mid 20s

Edit - FWIW conte was manager when he left inter

He was 16 when he left Inter so he was miles from the first team

Wingers always look exciting but most usually flatter to deceive and are the first to take the blame. People still go on about Adama being some elite winger while Bailey is a dud

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He looked decent against us but his league stats this season if include 6 games in Switzerland is just a goals and an assist in 13 games this season

Well he made his debut against Liverpool, essentially created the winner. Assist against Bournemouth, goal West Ham, assist last week and two goals tonight. That's about 8 games in total and already a good return.

I think he'll be special

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think thats abit harsh. Looks a talent. I know it was only lame cardiff but i think he is going to be a player

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Think thats abit harsh. Looks a talent. I know it was only lame cardiff but i think he is going to be a player

Managerless Cardiff are one of the worst form teams in English football and are probably going to League 1 next season if hire the wrong manager

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Managerless Cardiff are one of the worst form teams in English football and are probably going to League 1 next season if hire the wrong manager

Yes i know i did same lame cardiff in the post.

But the kid looks like he has massive potential for a young player. This leeds sides poor as well so in  agood side i think he could be very good

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

He's just turned 19, what players are at that age?

44 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Nothing against the player it's the fact so many pacy wide players burst on the scene early and then fade out after a few seasons when defenders figure them out. Could argue a few seasons back Ismaila Sarr was considered similar

Its actually no good for the player either to get such hype. Rather wait and see how he goes

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Exactly.

Carney Chukwuemeka considered to be one of the biggest talents in English youth football is 19 and doing nothing like what Gnonto is doing.  Different players, different clubs etc. but credit where it's due.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Another 11 league goals and Chelsea will be snapping him up on an 8 year contract for 100 million. 

Â