Jhon Durán

PieFacE

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We paid £22m for Wesley who was almost three years older at the time than Duran is now. 

His contemporaries are Ferguson at Brighton and Hojlund at United.

Ferguson has 6 goals in 1,372 minutes so far this season.

Hojlund has 9 goals 2,139 minutes so far this season.

Do you reckon United or Brighton would think about letting those two players go for £20m?

Good point and looking those two up, they have an approximate current market value of between 60 to 70 million euros. I wouldn’t have thought we’d even listen to any offers below 40 million euros but I’d be looking for slightly higher and a decent sell on percentage of say 20%.

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We paid £22m for Wesley who was almost three years older at the time than Duran is now. 

Do you reckon United or Brighton would think about letting those two players go for £20m?

Spot on. Duran is very underrated by villa fans. He's a special talent. 

• Like 2

I feel like you know I'm Crocodile Dundee where the bad guy says "we got guns we got this and that etc" and the Aussie just says "We've got a Donk".

I feel like palace are like that with Olise, Eze and Mateta! Yeah but we got a Duran 😁

Posted (edited)

With stats like these I think he has every right to expect to be a starting player. Obviously we know that he's not going to be displaying Ollie any time soon and he has a lot to learn still, but realistically I wouldn't blame him at all for keeping half an eye on opportunities at other clubs if he's likely to be a starter.IMG_20240519_155146_(520_x_538_pixel).png.576e7327501a33e91aa8ed9b85446e03.png

Edited by Lichfield Dean

watch him score, then choose not to pass to Ollie, so Ollie can get his 20th.

Then Watkins goes and cries in the corner.

Posted (edited)

The only person who will affect whether Duran stays with us or not is Duran.

if he wants to play in Champs League with us next season, knuckle down and listen to the coaching from Emery then great.

If he wants to play every week elsewhere and thinks he knows it all already then he’ll go. 

He’s a young lad with a belly full of ego which suggests he can go one of two ways - become the next Balotelli journeyman could’ve been, or to take this opportunity with one of the best coaches doing his all to coach him into a truly great player.

i really hope it’s the latter as he is raw an exciting player with so much potential 

Edited by theboyangel

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

What’s Durans comparison with goals and minutes?

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Coming into today it was 372 minutes - 5 goals.

It's worse now.

As I posted earlier, his stats are quite mindboggling. Until today he had the best goals per minute ratio by a mile. Probably still does to be fair although it'll have taken a big hit.

I got to be honest im not sure about him. He just seems very up and down to me. I could be completely wrong bit i get the impression he is going to struggle with consistency 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I got to be honest im not sure about him. He just seems very up and down to me. I could be completely wrong bit i get the impression he is going to struggle with consistency 

He's 20 years old.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

He's 20 years old.

Yes i know which is why i am saying im unsure about him. For me we need more experience to be competing with ollie up top.

he doesn't have the maturity or consistency yet to hold the fort if ollie picked upa  long term injury

Edited by Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes i know which is why i am saying im unsure about him. For me we need more experience to be competing with ollie up top.

he doesn't have the maturity or consistency yet to hold the fort if ollie picked upa  long term injury

You commented on him being up and down. Like I said he's 20. There aren't many consistent 20 year old around the world.

Â