Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Just now, Okonokos said:

I'm not sure he is the kind of character Emery likes, to be honest. Got a lot of potential but if we get a good offer, I'd much rather sell him than Ramsey.

He's just way too unpredictable , which is good when it's on the pitch controlled, but seems he's just like that in general.

I'd be loathe to lose him to the likes of Chelsea though.

• Like 1

Hope he's getting decent advice.

He's making the wrong move if he thinks moving away is a good thing right now. A top European league, with a top European club, with a top manager who can speak his language.

We're literally the perfect squad for him right now. He should be told that and he should listen.

He doesn't have the pressure of being the leading man, but next season can easily get 35+ appearances and 20+ starts.

If he explodes, he's very welcome to some serious money. You have to prove it first though Jhon you big silly lunatic.

• Like 1

If he wants to leave and they make a suitable offer I'm sure we'd take it. It'd be a shame but Emery likes players who are all in and Emery is a genius when it comes to building sides with goalscoring strikers so I'd trust we'd replace him suitably. 

Big Jhon has so much potential though...

4 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

How much did we pay for him?

Difficult to get an accurate figure but looks like either 18m euros or pounds… and 4m in add ons.

If he’s off, we should get the best possible deal and ensure we are profiting off his time and any success… various clauses and add ons, sell on percentage too…

Players seem to get tapped up quite regularly without any punishment or repercussions these days… but some young lads are impatient and quickly want the glory and big bucks too…

how has that worked out for Carney so far?

Bloody Chelsea…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are we overreacting?

Is it a possibility that he's just " supporting " a team with a load of young black players in his age group etc?

Clutching?

I’ve lost patience with it now… has been “noise” for a while and he should really just get his head down, work hard and be patient. Should show the club more respect and be grateful for the opportunity we’ve given him…

I like the kid too but the last things we need is any disruptive presence… the togetherness and harmony in the squad, for the most part, is wonderful and lovely to see… got to be cherished and protected.

It’s annoying cos we are flying and everyone should be on board…

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's just way too unpredictable , which is good when it's on the pitch controlled, but seems he's just like that in general.

He'll click at some point. No doubt. There will be a period in his career when he's considered a top striker. Like, I don't know, Ollie Watkins.

If he goes to Chelsea now, it's far more likely to be for six months when he's 23 and then that's it.

He could be really really really good. But we're not sacrificing our side for him right now. Quite rightly.

I trust Emery and Monchi 100%. Two smart men. They will know the talent/value trade-off.

• Like 1

I don't think Emery thinks he can mould him into the system he wants to play, on top of that he feels like a Lange buy from a regime that is not here anymore. If Chelsea is willing to pay 50 million for him youd take it and run.

It also makes sense with Percy and everyone else liking us with another striker in the window. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are we overreacting?

Is it a possibility that he's just " supporting " a team with a load of young black players in his age group etc?

Clutching?

Why just Chelsea though? He’s making it fairly obvious…

That hug with Poch was concerning too… I think he’s been tapped up and it’s kind of their thing isn’t it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

If he wants to leave and they make a suitable offer I'm sure we'd take it. It'd be a shame but Emery likes players who are all in and Emery is a genius when it comes to building sides with goalscoring strikers so I'd trust we'd replace him suitably. 

Big Jhon has so much potential though...

Yep… he wants his players thinking about and focused on football as much as possible… He’s said it in interviews too.

McGinn gave a bit of insight, think he asked Unai about a day off and the response was something like “aren’t you thinking about the next match?” or along those lines.

Unai’s authority cannot be questioned or challenged, accept his ways and learn or get out.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, I agree it would be a shame to lose him for his potential but I also think he has the potential to upset the apple cart with his unpredictability too. If his head isn't fully in it, he should be sold too. Same goes for everyone else. If you're not 100 bought into it then it's not going to work.

Would a different striker have gotten more game time this season? I think it's possible, under Emery. Jhon has really only been the last roll of the dice on a few ocassions. I can see him going, and it's a shame as he just showed what he can do. But he's only just arrived, so no hard feelings IF he is off and good luck to him at Chelsea, IF he's going there. 

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

We've been there before with him haven't we. Hopefully nothing just young person clicking likes on social media

I think this is very very likely.

He's a young lad. Seems nice enough. Bit of a tit, as all young lads are. Got loads and loads of money. Has to keep his guard up every time he goes out. Not fluent in the local language, blah blah.

I honestly cannot see a better place for him than #2, challenging Watkins for the #1 striker spot. Under Unai Emery FFS.

Maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 1

Dunno why McGinn was so vocal about him in more than one interview after the last game… the “nightmare” line is not at all flattering.

Is he difficult to control and manage?

Again, it’s a shame and I would like him to stick around so long as he is focussed and dedicated.

Seems like a storm in a teacup. He just needs better advice and management around him. If every player had unsupervised social media access we'd see a whole lot of things we don't like as fans. 

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I think this is very very likely.

He's a young lad. Seems nice enough. Bit of a tit, as all young lads are. Got loads and loads of money. Has to keep his guard up every time he goes out. Not fluent in the local language, blah blah.

I honestly cannot see a better place for him than #2, challenging Watkins for the #1 striker spot. Under Unai Emery FFS.

Maybe I'm missing something.

The thing is I'm not sure logic and patience are Duran's strengths. All the ability in the world but I don't think he's going to get what he wants quickly under Unai so letting him go won't be the end of the world.

Â