Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

McGinn openly saying Duran is a nightmare to have on your team is quite funny

I can only imagine... You can tell ... He's got the psycho eyes 😂

Trust me... I have a couple of nutcase mates like him.

The types you can only take in small doses, have to be selective about where you go with them... And can't control once they are excited or angry 😂

Russian Roulette friends.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

McGinn openly saying Duran is a nightmare to have on your team is quite funny

It's a sure-fire indicator he's definitely a horror.

Emery is perfect coach for him. He'll remain consistent in his messaging over and over and over.

If he gets through to him, big mad Jhon will be an elite striker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

Would you rather have Nunez or Duran

Their ceiling looks very similar, with Jhon the better goalscorer.

But Duran was 20% of the cost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, flamingsombrero said:

Balotelli mk2

This is likely his destiny if he decides he knows better than multiple time trophy winner Unai Emery.

Lots of time to mature still. We could see another few seasons of him being held back until his fundamentals improve.

He'll have some huge career highs regardless, but I hope he doesn't look back with regret when he's 40.

This guy will be an absolute weapon in a year or two. So much potential it's crazy. Definitely has that Bertie X factor minus the suicide football 🤣

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is likely his destiny if he decides he knows better than multiple time trophy winner Unai Emery.

Lots of time to mature still. We could see another few seasons of him being held back until his fundamentals improve.

He'll have some huge career highs regardless, but I hope he doesn't look back with regret when he's 40.

Nothing stopping mk2 being an improvement. If anyone can channel the crazy it's Unai, does feel there might be a bit of a Carew/O'Neill thing there. That said, if he's still with us and has anywhere near Balotelli's medal haul. that's going to be a very enjoyable few years for us.

Edited by flamingsombrero

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

8 goals in 1007 minutes, or a goal every 125 minutes, aka a goal every 1.4 games.

not bad.

Was it against Crystal Palace at the start of the season? More or less won the game for us?

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Was it against Crystal Palace at the start if the season? More or less won the game for us?

yep!

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

What a cameo!

Showed the others how it should've been done with the no-nonsense first goal.

I tend to flip flop on him quite a bit. What is certain though if he's staying around next season we need to find a way to give him far more serious minutes as it's a real waste him just getting token 5-10 minute cameos.

I think now he's maturing giving him the responsibility to start a few prem matches home and away next season is the next step.

He's scored what 5 prem goals from hardly any starts and also a few in Europe at the start of the season so that's not a bad effort at all.

Exactly, Watkins can't play over 4k minutes again next season. Regardless of how it goes we have to trust Duran to get at least 10 starts in all comps next year. Assuming we get grouped in the Ucl. More if we get through various rounds of the cup. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

That first goal was such a good strike 

Really sharp feet to get the space for the hit as well.

• Like 1

Â