Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Correct. From what I know there is a tax change in Italy this year that means that Italian clubs pay much more tax when buying players from the UK (now outside the EU). This means the days of Rueben Cheek or Tomori or Smalling or other UK based players going to Italy are probably over. Italian clubs can't afford to pay a tax premium. 

Sad state of affairs… I miss the Serie A of the 90s and many of those incredible players… the decline has been fairly severe…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sad state of affairs… I miss the Serie A of the 90s and many of those incredible players… the decline has been fairly severe…

It was the Super league at one time. Serie A only have themselves to blame unfortunately, in La liga on the other hand  it’s all Barca and Real Madrid greed at fault.

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It was the Super league at one time. Serie A only have themselves to blame unfortunately, in La liga on the other hand  it’s all Barca and Real Madrid greed at fault.

It was the best!!! Saturday morning highlight: Gazzetta Football Italia!

CAMPIONATO! DI CALCIO! ITALIANO!

GOOOOOOOOLLLAAZZZO!!!

spacer.png

(Can’t get enough of this!) 😂

Miss it dearly 😭 there just aren’t players and character like that anymore imo… 

Anyway, I like Duran and hope he can stick around, develop and improve 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Completely refute the disinterested part. He worked hard, even dropping into midfield on multiple occasions due to the woeful lack of service he was getting. When Watkins came on he literally didn't touch the ball for almost 10 mins. 

Was impressed with some of his runs which were totally missed by our players. His biggest problem yesterday was no Tielemans, Luiz or Pau, imo the only players we have (aside from the injured Buendia) who can pick a tough pass out. 

For the first 50 mins he was the only Villa player to actually work the goalkeeper. Twice with two nice snap shots, one of which could have easily gone in. 

I’m with you on this. Love or hate him, picking him out for his performance on Saturday feels off. I don’t think he did a lot wrong tbh and arguably one of our better players in the first half! 

• Like 3

Yeah thought he did OK on Saturday. Couple of decent efforts on goal. On another day, he strikes the fluffed chance cleanly and its a screamer. Give him time and he'll learn the pressing element better

12 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I agree to an extent but you don’t need to develop to press defenders. A fit worst striker in the world could manage that

Duran usually does press fairly intensely, perhaps he had been instructed to only trigger the press in certain instances, Ollie has certainly reduced the amount of pressing he does since Unai came in. Or maybe Duran just missed the trigger which could have happened. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Duran usually does press fairly intensely, perhaps he had been instructed to only trigger the press in certain instances, Ollie has certainly reduced the amount of pressing he does since Unai came in. Or maybe Duran just missed the trigger which could have happened. 

He is athletic so when he presses it is impressive. However, if you watch him closely he is often out of position and then will press at other times without support. All things that just take practice and time.

Kid is 2.5 years younger than JJ playing in a tougher position.

Already hauled ass to win us 3 points against Wolves off his own boot.

When he does play it’s in small bursts off the bench or more or less playing without some big names who’d make him better.

Arguably coulda had 2 goals if not for some decent goalkeeping. 

Tough crowd, kids gonna be a jet.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

When he does play it’s in small bursts off the bench or more or less playing without some big names who’d make him better.

I can kinda see where he's coming from, 25 PL appearances, all from the bench, he is yet to start a PL game.  He needs to be patient though, he's not going to start in front of one of the best forwards in the league.  His time will come though, Watkins will wither get injured, suspended, or need a rest.  

5 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Agree, can't remember us getting 3 points VS Wolves though!

On 05/01/2024 at 16:34, Made In Aston said:

This. He has the opportunity of a lifetime,working with one of the best coaches in world football. But with the  attitude he's showing, Duran is more likely to have a career like Balotelli than his 'idol' Ibrahimovic. 

On 05/01/2024 at 14:51, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doesn't sound good. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Only way we should sell him is for a big profit. ( Even sell on and buy back )

If reports are true, and he's genuinely pissed off at not starting in the PL, ahead of Ollie, and at his age, I have questions about his intelligence.

A loan to Milan could go both ways with his reported mentality, he does well, and gains an even larger sense of ego/self worth, OR, he doesn't do so well, or start as much as he thought he would, and gets a reality check and life lesson.

I'm hoping some elders ( The likes of JPA Etc ) can get into his head somewhat.

It's already becoming a silly distraction we don't need. I really like him, but I like Villa winning better. Starting to wonder what's going on in that head of his.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's already becoming a silly distraction we don't need. I really like him, but I like Villa winning better. Starting to wonder what's going on in that head of his.

You have hit the nail firmly on the head. This kid could become a really good player but realistically he is not yet a premier league start.

Wind your neck in - Listen to Unai and allow nature to take its course and you will arrive at your destination in due course.

But Aston Villa is bigger than you and right now, we do not need the drama.

• Like 2

Â