Jhon Durán

PieFacE

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I would say 100% that a year into joining us he'd have expected to have started a premier league match for us by now.

So we need to work something out soon where he can go to a good standard league and actually start games regularly and have that expectation of being the main man upfront.

A loan next season works well for everyone. But he is staying for this season and learning and playing his part. He can be unhappy he's not getting more game time, he should be if he has any ambition. But that's life

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He wasn't pressing yesterday, which was why McGinn had a go at him and told the bench to bring him off

Did McGinn tell the bench to bring him off?? I didn't see that.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He wasn't pressing yesterday, which was why McGinn had a go at him and told the bench to bring him off

did he!?

I could see him doing very well at the hammers with paqueta and kudus supplying him when they are back, that transfer absolutely should not be permitted, would be shooting our selves in the foot big time and strengthening them when they are quite decent on their day as it stands 

10 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

My point with Archer is it’s impossible to judge him accurately based on performance in a dire Sheffield set up. 

We’ve seen how Duran performs as a “last roll of the dice” and in the “last ten minutes against a low block”, and in my opinion there’s a fair amount of room for improvement. 

Like winning a penalty vs Burnley and getting an incredible equaliser vs Palace to change the game

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mallett said:

Jhon Duran has played just over 7 x 90 minutes spread over 22 matches this season. He has 4 goals, 1 assist and 5 yellow cards in all competitions this season according to transfermarkt.

Ollie Watkins has just over 24 x 90 minutes spread over 28 matches. 14 goals, 10 assists and 4 yellow cards (same source.)

He is getting limited game time but at a high level. For a young player he has already played a lot of matches before joining Villa so quality could be more important than quantity. He hasn’t always been available to play so his appearances could have been higher.

He is getting too many yellow cards.

His market value has gone up (very slightly) over his time at Villa according to transfermarkt but if he played more minutes for us in his current form it would go up more. According to transfermarkt he is the 3rd most valuable player from Colombia and 25th in the World for players born in 2003.

Conclusion: He is a good back up striker to Watkins and valuable investment for the club.

Should any importance be placed on Transfermarkt value? I'm sure Grealish was valued at around £35m on there before he left us for over £100m.

Btw I'm not concerned about Duran's value, his potential is clear.

38 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I could see him doing very well at the hammers with paqueta and kudus supplying him when they are back, that transfer absolutely should not be permitted, would be shooting our selves in the foot big time and strengthening them when they are quite decent on their day as it stands 

Well if it's a loan its fine

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well if it's a loan its fine

He can still win them quite a few points this year though, they aren’t a million miles behind us. Fwiw I think if moyes intends on using him as a battering ram in the Antonio mould then he will be disappointed as I don’t think Duran is that style of forward despite being a big guy and seemingly having a lot of strength 

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

He can still win them quite a few points this year though, they aren’t a million miles behind us. Fwiw I think if moyes intends on using him as a battering ram in the Antonio mould then he will be disappointed as I don’t think Duran is that style of forward despite being a big guy and seemingly having a lot of strength 

He could also win them points vs our rivals while gaining valuable experience. West Ham arent going to get top 4 this season they have major limitations and I think are aiming to win Europa

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Did McGinn tell the bench to bring him off?? I didn't see that.

It was just before the 4 subs made. McGinn stormed over to Duran, shouting and pointing (basically saying you've got to press) duran kind of scoffed and then mcginn pointed over to the bench to get their attention and pointed back at duran then swiped his arm as if to say he needs to come off

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It was just before the 4 subs made. McGinn stormed over to Duran, shouting and pointing (basically saying you've got to press) duran kind of scoffed and then mcginn pointed over to the bench to get their attention and pointed back at duran then swiped his arm as if to say he needs to come off

That's not good if it's indeed what happened. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go out on loan. I doubt it will be in the PL though because I don't see him being guaranteed minutes. 

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Wow, is that true? If so his days are numbered here. And that number is less than 24.

19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

That's what i saw. Can't obviously verify if thats what actually happened

There's no universe where John McGinn told Emery to take off Duran.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The whole match should be watchable on iPlayer. Can you not find that clip?

Anybody going against McGinn won’t have a future here. Will be loved by Emery. 

Yeah but come on McGinn doesn't tell the manager to make subs. Not unless someone was injured. That's not his role—Emery's pretty renowned for his interest in managing all the fine points in a game as we all know.

• Like 3

You can watch the whole match on iPlayer. If you watch from minute 63 onwards you can see one definite wave of the arm from McGinn in the direction of Duran because he wasn't pressing. There are then 3-4 more instances of Duran not pressing up to when he is taken off. McGinn isn't on screen for all that time, but when he is on screen I don't see him gesticulating to the bench. I guess he could have spoken to the bench before 63 minutes - someone else can check the second half up to minute 63 :P

Â