Jhon Durán

PieFacE

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

He's 19.....just.

Its inevitable.He is still learning his trade, and his scoring record will be patchy accordingly, too.

it has no relevance to be looking for weaknesses at this stage....they are WIP.

I think Tom was talking about Ollie mate. 

43 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not sure about the international points - he's only played in friendlies for Colombia.

There might be points for youth appearances, though it's difficult to find this information.

Don't think he'll get anything for the youth appearances.

As for friendlies,  you might be right,  but the FA just state "international appearances" in their policy, nothing about then being competitive. Colombia haven't had any competitive matches for 12 months,  so you could argue he played 100% of them... (infinite really).

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Don't think he'll get anything for the youth appearances.

As for friendlies,  you might be right,  but the FA just state "international appearances" in their policy, nothing about then being competitive. Colombia haven't had any competitive matches for 12 months,  so you could argue he played 100% of them... (infinite really).

You're right, there was more mention of international youth appearances in the previous year's document only.

However, I thought they'd played 4 friendlies and 4 WC qualifiers in the last calendar year (plus another friendly against Honduras now 1 year and 1 day ago). Friendlies count if less than 30% of the matches were competitive.

POINTS BASED SYSTEM 2022/2023 SEASON - The FA

Available International Matches means the total number of matches played by the Player’s National Association in Senior Competitive International Matches during the International Reference Period, minus the number of matches that the Player was Unavailable for Selection. If less than 30% of the matches played by the Player’s National Association during the International Reference Period were Senior Competitive International Matches, Available International Matches shall also include International Friendlies.

I guess, although I can't find this either, that only matches since his debut count as him being eligible for - in which case, he has played all 3 matches (all friendlies) since.

• Thanks 1

From the highlights it looks less like he's a target man and more like someone who wants to run in behind. Similar to Lukaku or Haaland really. Hopefully he can develop the roll that Lukaku really perfected with inter so when he does have his back to the defence he can receive the ball into his feet and then be behind the defensive line in an instant. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You're right, there was more mention of international youth appearances in the previous year's document only.

However, I thought they'd played 4 friendlies and 4 WC qualifiers in the last calendar year (plus another friendly against Honduras now 1 year and 1 day ago). Friendlies count if less than 30% of the matches were competitive.

POINTS BASED SYSTEM 2022/2023 SEASON - The FA

I guess, although I can't find this either, that only matches since his debut count as him being eligible for - in which case, he has played all 3 matches (all friendlies) since.

It's a potential concern I guess, especially given without the international points, or with significantly fewer from international appearances he might miss the 15 required.

I guess that is where the exceptions panel would probably be able to be persuaded. GIven the appearances hes made in the only games they've had since he made his debut, he should fall in to the "significant potential" bracket that allows them to grant an exceptional approval.

I'm confident we won't have issues (and would guess the club are too as they've posted his signing already). If we did, I assume we'd just loan him out to somewhere that would let him play.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So Collomoose thinks he's going straight into the first team. Can't wait to see him get some minutes, as we know, Emery is an encylopedia of footballers, so this kid might just tear it up. 

I don't think he's wrong tbh, we aren't Chelsea I can't see us dropping 20 million on someone just to loan him out or have him in the youth team.

It's probably in our top 10 highest fees.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I don't think he's wrong tbh, we aren't Chelsea I can't see us dropping 20 million on someone just to loan him out or have him in the youth team.

It's probably in our top 10 highest fees.

I think he'll definitely be in the squad the rest of the season as backup, especially with Watkins injured and Ings not being the most mobile.  With possible loan in the Summer to Spain, Italy or somewhere.

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's a potential concern I guess, especially given without the international points, or with significantly fewer from international appearances he might miss the 15 required.

I guess that is where the exceptions panel would probably be able to be persuaded. GIven the appearances hes made in the only games they've had since he made his debut, he should fall in to the "significant potential" bracket that allows them to grant an exceptional approval.

I'm confident we won't have issues (and would guess the club are too as they've posted his signing already). If we did, I assume we'd just loan him out to somewhere that would let him play.

Yeah I doubt there'll be any issues as the club would've done the due diligence first, I'm just trying to work it out given the lack of/complicated information.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He's 19.....just.

Its inevitable.He is still learning his trade, and his scoring record will be patchy accordingly, too.

it has no relevance to be looking for weaknesses at this stage....they are WIP.

Watkins...not Duran! :)

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I like the idea, on paper at least, of Duran, Bailey and Watkins being in the same line-up, which would give Villa a frightening amount of pace, up front.

Duran doesn't look that quick from the videos. He does have the strength to keep the opposition from tackling him though. 

Â