Midweek Football 29/30 December/New Yrs Eve & New Yrs Day football 31 December/1 January

andykeenan

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Scamacca isn't a PL player in a million  years. They've made exactly the same mistake as they did with Haller and the Everton reject. Being a PL club is easy. You just spend 40m every season on shite footballers.

Haller is a good striker - just didn’t work out at West Ham for whatever reason. 

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but he's a real handful. 

but if he doesnt score goals then he is not really helpful especially for a team like Liverpool. Salah is having a poor goalscoring season by his standards so Nunez needs to step up

46 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Explanation: It was a thing in the 1960s and 1970s, which ended with Trevor Brooking. Most media people are hustlers from the Eastern half of London.

Oh sorry mate, I have had it explained to me before. They won the world cup for England etc. I was being facetious, they are a club with no identity now, other than a club that spunk money on the softest European players like can find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

but if he doesnt score goals then he is not really helpful especially for a team like Liverpool. Salah is having a poor goalscoring season by his standards so Nunez needs to step up

I think its only a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Oh sorry mate, I have had it explained to me before. They won the world cup for England etc. I was being facetious, they are a club with no identity now, other than a club that spunk money on the softest European players like can find.

Yes it was the time Ron Greenwood was manager they played good football but won nothing apart from an FA cup. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The build up of playing in Europe finally catches up if your squad isnt up for it. I think Noble retiring left a leadership void as well

Yeah was going to say that. Noble's legs went years back but he was a class act off the pitch with stuff showing him tidying up away dressing rooms and he'd obviously tell the new foreign signings what was expected of them so you get the feeling it's gone back to being a bit of a rudderless dressing room, didn't Stuart Pearce also step down from coaching last summer?

Their decline started from late January last season, their league form wasn't good at all but masked by them nearly making the europa final. They won't be reaching those heights again for a very long time.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What happened to the betting stuff. Given what is being alleged he's going to be out of the game for months regardless if found guilty.

I think its next week they are having a meeting

• Thanks 1

It was interesting watching Leicester last night and I'd rate them as about the same level as Villa.

After his terrible luck I was amazed that Faes came out after the break but he soldiered on.

Harvey Barnes was hugely disappointing.

As for Liverpool, they huffed and puffed but didn't impress.

Villa fans moan about our strikers but Sala and Núñez wasted chance after chance.

Leicester lacked a bit of quality without Maddison and Liverpool had the quality but didn't turn up.

• Like 1

Why Martial will never be a top player. He's skillful, good touch, good dribbler, good link up play and decent finisher....but when he ain't arsed he ain't arsed.

Time and time again the ball has been fed to him with back to goal, he's had no interest in winning it or getting his body there or even showing.

The guy is a disgrace...but he will be brilliant next week.

He's not bothered today though.

Â