Who do you think is out the door in January?

maqroll

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

True bar his nightmare debut he’s never let us down.

Classic case at Villa, of bringing players, no better then what we have......sure we get the odd one or two right......but that is why, we are taking so long to progress.

We just keep rotating managers, instead.....This has given some players a career, out of average performances.....even Gabby had the last 3 years of his career, the same.

We seem to take so long, in coming to terms, with whats good and whats not so good.....always the optimist, thats us.

I hope this guy, changes this mentality.

Edited by TRO

I'm expecting a few to leave (most likely to be on loan) to make room for 2-3 incoming players

Coutinho - permanent deal back to Brazil (will free up a lot of wages)

Sanson - loan to France to get game time, still harbour hope for him though

Guilbert - loan (with buy option) to France. Doubt he'll be here next summer. 

Archer - loan to Championship for game time only. 

Nakamba -  loan out for game time, expect him to be moved on permanently in the summer.

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think a loan till the end of the season might bring his value up. 

Yeah I think that's logical.

Sanson been here two years and probably hasn't even played 10 full games yet so can't see any clubs wanting to spend 5m + on him without seeing him play 90 minutes and what state he is actually in.

If he does o.k he'll go in the summer.

Might aswell terminate Gulibert's contract with just six months left now and would imagine Nakamba will go out on loan somewhere with view to summer move.

Archer out on loan is another obvious move once we get in another attacker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I suppose the question is who will Villa actually sell, instead of who we think they should sell.

Not sure we'll sell anyone in reality. The ones we'd like to sell are unsellable, like Coutinho.

Serious selling will be in the summer imo.

Coutinho two years left (or did we give him a four year deal...) so could well go back to South America for small fee.

Ings 12 months left, Ollie two years left so we'll have to decide which CF suits Emery style and will get value out of given they'll probably be back to whoever the new CF is.

One of the CBs will surely leave with a new CB coming in aswell at some point in next six months.

I'd move McGinn on tbh, more so with Luiz here for long term and Tim looking exciting at QPR so we've got many options in the 8 position regardless of who else we sign.

Don't want to say it but can see a bit of interest in Jacob Ramsey aswell for those clubs that can't quite afford Bellingham....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I'm expecting a few to leave (most likely to be on loan) to make room for 2-3 incoming players

Coutinho - permanent deal back to Brazil (will free up a lot of wages)

Sanson - loan to France to get game time, still harbour hope for him though

Guilbert - loan (with buy option) to France. Doubt he'll be here next summer. 

Archer - loan to Championship for game time only. 

Nakamba -  loan out for game time, expect him to be moved on permanently in the summer.

Agree with this, although Guilbert is out of contract in June, so it'll be him gone and no fee potential. 

Does Emery trust the likes of Feeney enough (and how close is Carlos to being back) to cut short the deal for Bednarak and maybe sell Chambers (who has looked awful when he's played this season).

Need to start getting fee's for players before they enter the wilderness, as we (hopefully) sign much better replacements.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ings 12 months left, Ollie two years left so we'll have to decide which CF suits Emery style and will get value out of given they'll probably be back to whoever the new CF is.

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Ings moved on in the summer. It is surprising though that we paid £20m+ for him but only gave him a 3 year deal so feels strange talking about his contract being nearly up already, still feels like a "new" signing. But he hasn't really hit the heights here so it would make sense to cash in rather than let him leave for free, I think we could still recoup maybe £10m for him as there will always be at least one side interested in a "proven" PL striker even if he will be 31 in the summer

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind shuffling the deck a little and letting the likes of Konsa, McGinn and Ings go as I feel we can bring in players that fit the new system better. However think Emery will give those three and others until the end of the season to prove themselves.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah I think that's logical.

Sanson been here two years and probably hasn't even played 10 full games yet so can't see any clubs wanting to spend 5m + on him without seeing him play 90 minutes and what state he is actually in.

If he does o.k he'll go in the summer.

Might aswell terminate Gulibert's contract with just six months left now and would imagine Nakamba will go out on loan somewhere with view to summer move.

Archer out on loan is another obvious move once we get in another attacker.

Sanson is a utter write off. Disaster of a signing even if he was on the cheap. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

In regards to Ings you just know he would go to somewhere like Palace or Fulham and score loads of goals again.

He'd be great back in a 4 4 2 with a big CF to play off. That's how he excels