VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This is new news. How has this passed us by. I can supply the death details of a man that played spoons once in Waylon Jennings backing band, but someone who is partly responsible for one of the best theme tunes ever, I miss that. That's shocking.

Cmon he’s hardly in the same league as Dennis Waterman

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

National day of mourning north of the border, incredulous looks from England

How very dare you. Those of us from North Britain know how important he was. A true legend. 

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Mike Yarwood, 82. 

Another one I thought died years ago. 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Blimey - he must have stopped working 25 years ago which is pretty young compared to Parky & Bruce F

I also thought he'd already died.  He was just awful though.  One of those impersonators who would tell you who he was doing at the start of the monologue so you would get it.   Always sounded like Mike Yarwood to me. 

Was essentially replaced by far better impressionists. 

• Like 4

On 08/09/2023 at 23:09, mjmooney said:

Mike Yarwood, 82. 

Another one I thought died years ago. 

And the opposite of this one, someone who isn't dead but I thought was. Imagine my delight seeing Bill Beaumont on the tellybox opening the RWC the other day. Genuinely thought he was gone a decade ago. Looking good too.

:(

Brendan Croker, former member (with Mark Knopfler) of the Notting Hillbillies, just turned 70 last month. Leukemia. 

First example in the thread of somebody I actually knew (albeit only casually). He actually replaced me (quite rightly!) as singer in an ad-hoc local blues band in Leeds in the late 70s. He was quite a character, Yorkshire's answer to Ry Cooder. Shine On, big feller. 

Edited by mjmooney

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

:(

Brendan Croker, former member (with Mark Knopfler) of the Notting Hillbillies, just turned 70 last month. 

First example in the thread of somebody I actually knew (albeit only casually). He actually replaced me (quite rightly!) as singer in an ad-hoc local blues band in Leeds in the late 70s. He was quite a character, Yorkshire's answer to Ry Cooder. Shine On, big feller. 

Any relation to Ted “will play Aston Villa” Croker?

On 09/09/2023 at 08:23, sidcow said:

I also thought he'd already died.  He was just awful though.  One of those impersonators who would tell you who he was doing at the start of the monologue so you would get it.   Always sounded like Mike Yarwood to me. 

Was essentially replaced by far better impressionists. 

Who was it who did the Princess Diana to his Charles in his show