Gaming 2023

JoshVilla

I couldn't see a thread already for Gaming 2023 (unless I'm being stupid).

What are you most looking forward to in 2023? I'm gonna have a lot to get through next year!

• Dead Space
  • Like a Dragon: Ishin
  • Jedi: Survivor
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • Black Myth: Wukong
  • Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Bound to be some others that I've forgotten too.

• Like 1

2023 is going to be an insane year for video games. I haven't seen a year as stacked as 2023 has the potential to be since 2004 and I can't wait to feast on all the games.

As for the games I am most looking forward to?

• Dead Space
  • Wanted: Dead
  • Wild Hearts
  • Atomic Heart
  • Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Dead Island 2
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Diablo IV
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Baldur's Gate III

Those are the games I'm looking forward to that have release dates/windows.

As for those without release dates, but are planned to release in 2023;

• Alan Wake II
  • Silent Hill 2
  • ARA: History Untold
  • Redfall
  • Starfield
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Didn't like part one of the remake, but I'm invested now)
  • Lies of P
  • The Lords of the Fallen
  • Minecraft Legends
  • Replaced
  • Remnant 2
  • Returnal for PC
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chornobyl

2023 has the makings of being a greatest of all time year if everything planned to release actually releases.

• Like 1

Will start with God of War to round off 2022...should be the year I finally pick a switch up too

Definitely - Dead Space in Jan, RE4 remake, FF16 and remake part 2, spiderman 2*

Maybe - jedi survivor, Alan wake, red fall, starfield, wild hearts

Games that look awesome but I won't play - season, tchia, goodbye volcano high, open roads, little open roads

Black Myth Wukong is probably the most interesting game

* biggest game of the year IMO

• Like 1

Hitman 1 and 2 are being pulled from digital stores at the end of the month, and instead, the whole trilogy will be sold as a single package called 'Hitman World of Assassination'. A lot of content for a single price. 

Looking forward to Street Fighter 6. I'm going to be all in from day 1.

Other than that, the venerable M2 porting the classic Dodonpachi DaiOuJou is my main excitement. Currently only announced for the PS4, but crossing my fingers for a Switch port as well. 

Well, possibly some Warhammer from the looks of it. At least for painting as I've ordered a bunch of minis. Not too keen on playing though, so we'll see.

Otherwise, BG3 is really up there for me. Espiocracy, Jagged Alliance 3, Rouge Trader and Warhammer 40, 000 Space Marine 2 are others.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems all but the biggest American reviewers haven't received a copy of Forspoken to review, ahead of it's release tomorrow. 

IGN, who did get a review copy, gave it 6/10.

Ohhhh boy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hogso said:

Seems all but the biggest American reviewers haven't received a copy of Forspoken to review, ahead of it's release tomorrow. 

IGN, who did get a review copy, gave it 6/10.

Ohhhh boy. 

Played the demo and really wasn't impressed.  6/10 seems about right from what I played.

A Space for the Unbound is getting great reviews. It's a 16 bit-esque point and clicker adventure, but also features many popular 90s genres like the side scrolling beat em up, in the way of mini games. It's set in a small Indonesian town in the late 90s and has a narrative about a young high school aged couple uncovering mysterious powers. Sounds interesting, is available on practically every system going, and for a modest price. 

Curiously, it's also developed by a small Indonesian company. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Looks cool, but relatively similar to the most recent Armoured Core games which I just wasn't a fan of, gameplay wise.

The lore is fascinating, though.

• 3 weeks later...

The Star Wars games have always been interesting to look at, because production values and the massive geek following mean they're often on or ahead of the curve.

Such as this from a couple of years ago...

Though I'm now wondering if the bloated corporate beast has been left a bit flat footed by the reskinned Squad mod, Galactic Contention?

The latest version has spawned plenty new videos in the past couple of days.

Sony's biiiig event for 2023.

I'd love to see Dragon's Dogma 2 gameplay. 

MGS in some shape or form seems likely, and I wonder if Bluepoint will be involved with that. 

Ghost of Tsushima 2 would have people really excited I imagine. 

Spiderman 2 and Wolverine gameplay would be cool. 

With my JRPG hat on...

Something on DQ12 PLEASE. Announced about 2 years ago with barely anything since. 

Like a Dragon Gaiden and 8 gameplay would be great. 

FFT and FFIX remakes are unlikely for me, but would be really exciting. I'd settle for a big new trailer for FF VII Rebirth (maybe even a release date?) 

there has to be spiderman 2 gameplay almost just to prove its still coming this year

another sneak peak at the last of us multiplayer no one wants as well as at least 1 of these service games (twisted metal)

MGS 3 remake rumoured to be multi plat

they need another new big AAA reveal IMO spiderman and wolverine wont cut the mustard

media molecule have shut down dreams and gone quiet, add to them have the R&C insomniac team just been moved over to the marvel games? something from bend (maybe days gone 2 but that would be a shock) something from sucker punch, maybe too early for the returnal guys

plus then their next stray / concrete genie type game

Â