Gaming 2023

JoshVilla

GC ran a fun little least likely game to be announced write in topic this week. I really appreciated the mention of Alundra 3, and in a post Zelda BotW/TotK, Elden Ring, and Witcher 3 era, I do wonder if it could find a niche spot to occupy gamers who like those sorts of things. 

On 22/05/2023 at 10:44, hogso said:

My predictions for the PlayStation Showcase;

- Spider-Man 2 Gameplay (Release September 2023) - Insomniac Games
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater Remake - Virtuos
- Castlevania Reboot - Bluepoint Games
- Spellbound - FromSoftware
- Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth Gameplay - Square Enix
- Silent Hill 2 Gameplay - Bloober Team
- Mortal Kombat 1 Gameplay - Netherrealm Studios
- The Last of Us Factions - Naughty Dog
- Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster - Guerrilla Games
- Persona 6 - Atlus

With over an hour to fill and lots of Sony's studios working on unknown things, it is very hard to predict what else might appear.

PS. While Snake Eater Remake will be multiplatform, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ape Escape mini-game from the original game is recreated as a cute little PlayStation exclusive addition. 

Edited by Daweii
Right after posting this the Summer Game Fest Twitter confirmed Mortal Kombat 1 Gameplay for the June 8th Summer Game Fest Showcase.

Is the horizon remake a complete guess? That would be out there and for me personally a little disappointing, played the games enjoyed the games but I don't need a remake

Would rather they revisited killzone but think that series has been tarred in public consensus and is dead

And I thought about FF7 remake being shown but I dunno if it's too close to 16, unless they show both or the marketing team spins it

Edited by villa4europe

Spiderman 2 - nailed on. It's out in a few months, they will show it.

MGS3 Remake - seems to be an open secret that its coming. Hype

Castlevania - slightly less discussed than MGS but another where there's been a lot of talk about it coming. I want this to be revealed here but I would be surprised.

FFVII Rebirth - it's due and this is the show to do it at. The only thing holding that back is the proximity to XVI's release.

Silent Hill 2 remake - due an update, this is an easy trailer to pad things with.

FFXVI - it's had a media blitz this week and it's releasing soon. They've said there's a demo... Demo announcement with a launch trailer?

Whatever Bluepoint have been doing

Whatever Sucker Punch have been doing

Whatever Bend have been upto

I want an MGS 1 re-remake.

A Soul Reaver reboot would be ccool

It would be good to see the Wolverine game having an update.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is the horizon remake a complete guess? That would be out there and for me personally a little disappointing, played the games enjoyed the games but I don't need a remake

Would rather they revisited killzone but think that series has been tarred in public consensus and is dead

And I thought about FF7 remake being shown but I dunno if it's too close to 16, unless they show both or the marketing team spins it

A remaster of Horizon Zero Dawn for PS5 has been something I have heard quite a bit of talk about, so it very well could show up at this showcase if that talk was legitimate. NCSoft are also working on a Horizon MMO on behalf of Sony last I heard, so lots of things potentially happening with Horizon, but I'm not sure how much of it is anything the fans have been asking for. 

As for Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth, I think with Square Enix showing so much of Final Fantasy 16 in the last month or so that I think they have opened the floor for Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth to have its moment in the spotlight.  

• Like 1

FFXVI demo release + FFVII Rebirth new trailer = jizz

Rumours for a P6 reveal trailer with a release next year seem to be growing, timed exclusive on PS5 supposedly, and although P3 Remake may be on the Xbox showcase in June that won't be an exclusive. 

Both of those things happening within a few weeks of each other would be amazing, P3 in the style of P5 would just be incredible. For me, Atlus have never quite attained the heights of the third game with regards to it's story beats and twists, although they've absolutely refined the gameplay and art exponentially since then with each release. To combine all of that and revisit P3 is a recipe for perfection.

20 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

Getting more Persona game announcements this year than we did for the 25th anniversary would be something else. 😅

They've got some making up to do... >___>

New Giant Squid/Matt Nava game looks neat

And the following game, let's just say I'm NEVA going play it, ahahaha

Edited by hogso

Saving the big hitters... Some nice stuff I'll never play, that EA game looked shite, phantom blade looked interesting due to the speed and style of the combat but it'll be a dark souls clone that I wont enjoy (a dynasty warriors game with that much effort put in to the sword movement would be sweet)

This feels like Sony doing what they do best, the switch has released zelda and now looks a bit barren, xbox is going though a tough spell until starfield....heres an absolute scattergun ton of games on PS

I won't play 90% of these and yet I'm enjoying it

Â