João Félix

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

We've not won stuff for a long time.

I was 3 years old when we last won a trophy.

Non Villa fans won't see us as a big club. 

To stay relevant you need recent success.

Hopefully we will get that under Unai and grow our brand.

I don't think players should get caught up with that short sighted stuff though. Things change in football, if you have a purpose and ambition things change very quickly - there are a multitude of examples that prove that to be the case.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho comparisons are a bit lazy and ridiculous. Coutinho has been finished for about 2 years while this guy is about 3 years from his prime

I think you are probably correct but I think its why people are worried. Rational or not. 

15 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think it would be a huge disaster, he'll only come here for the money and a quick move if things don't go the way he'll be promised.

Modern football though. A loan to buy would be the least risk averse option. We were told we'd being paying £35m to get Coutinho, but paid half of that. The board know what they are doing, and will move the pieces to get it. Does that mean it will happen? Perhaps not. But if Unai wants him, I'm all for it. An elite manager will know what he's doing. It may well be another smokescreen, but whatever the outcome, it's going to be a fascinating and exciting window.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think it would be a huge disaster, he'll only come here for the money and a quick move if things don't go the way he'll be promised. 

What we need is a boyhood Villa fan who loves the club and is here for the long haul. ;) 

They're all a bunch of **** mercenaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

But if it doesnt work out he wont be going to a bigger club and thats the way for all players. We nearly got rid of Bailey in the summer for the exact same situation

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But if it doesnt work out he wont be going to a bigger club and thats the way for all players. We nearly got rid of Bailey in the summer for the exact same situation

I was careful not to say bigger club, but he could still move onto Italy, France or Germany even back to Spain.

He'll get European football and someone will pay him what he wants.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What we need is a boyhood Villa fan who loves the club and is here for the long haul. ;) 

They're all a bunch of **** mercenaries.

I think you taken what I said to an extreme. Emi Martinez could probably play somewhere better than Villa but he says he loves it here.

I want players that I can at least believe are here for the good of our club.

There is only one logical reason for Joao to move here... lots of money. He can probably get that elsewhere so it means.... A stupid amount of money.

No thanks!

That report can't be true surely.

Wants a club with more history?

Surely all we have is a fantastic history, one of the best in the game.

Sounds to me like the media wanting to spread the message that we're small and shit and don't deserve world class talent. Just like they did when we had Jack, and he was shopped out to City and United by POS hacks in every single window. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think you taken what I said to an extreme. Emi Martinez could probably play somewhere better than Villa but he says he loves it here.

I want players that I can at least believe are here for the good of our club.

There is only one logical reason for Joao to move here... lots of money. He can probably get that elsewhere so it means.... A stupid amount of money.

No thanks!

Is that not the same for Emery or people suggesting we sign Thuram or Pau Torres. They will be mainly coming here for the money

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is that not the same for Emery or people suggesting we sign Thuram or Pau Torres. They will be mainly coming here for the money

See my reference to stupid amounts of money....

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

IF that is true - he seems like an Ireland, N'Zogbia and Rashica type of character but on a much bigger scale financially. Avoid.

not sure how. I think we have played in Europe about 3 times since he was born and 3 years in the 2nd tier. No wonder he has no idea about our history or prestige

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I mean that is probably the same for most of any of our alleged potential targets, e.g., Pau Torres, Marcus Thuram, they're not coming here because they love the Villa & want to play at VP. It's their job and will be compensated handsomely.

I do think we should have more of an interest in transfers like Emi's & Dougie's as they were already at "top" clubs and are coming for the increase in playing time. But on the other hand, we have blokes like Mings & McGinn who actually probably have a great affinity for the club -- and even though they have this, more than likely the main reason they'd stay at Villa is because they just don't have the ability to be a regular starter for a PL winning side. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That report can't be true surely.

Wants a club with more history?

Surely all we have is a fantastic history, one of the best in the game.

Sounds to me like the media wanting to spread the message that we're small and shit and don't deserve world class talent. Just like they did when we had Jack, and he was shopped out to City and United by POS hacks in every single window. 

The journalist who 'broke' the story on Marca is speculating - admits we have the financial clout most La Liga teams dream, but he inserts the idea without quotes that Felix wouldn't want the move despite the presence of Emery. My reading of it, the journalist wants him to Arsenal (who don't need him).

Â