World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It's been 36 years since Argentina last won it. I'll be backing them to win on Sunday. 

I'd love to see a 4-3 thriller with Messi scoring the hat trick winner at 119'.

Picard gif

1-0 France but I hope I'm wrong. 

Raphael Varane to dribble past 3 players and play a through ball to Hugo Lloris who chips the goalkeeper to score. @Zatman to include them in the Messi, Maradona, Pele, Maldini, Neuer greatest ever debate. 

Edited by Lupinthe5th

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

After following VT for years and being a huge Villa fan, here is my first post.

Apparently there will be 55,000 Moroccan fans at the game tonight. 

Having just got back from Qatar (staying with @JAMAICAN-VILLAN) I can confirm the place is heaving with them.

I can also confirm that they will be supporting France in the final, the country many of them support usually in tournaments.

At least they have some heritage and connection with both, unlike the vast majority of Argentina "fans" at games, who are just local Messi fans in Argentina tops. :)

You're still pissed off at the French supporting Moroccan in the England end aren't you 🤣.

Kai. LAD 👊🏽

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Morocco play great football. Very reminiscent of our performance against United at VP.

I thought they played well tonight. I don’t think the plan was to take it France like they did but they didn’t bank on conceding so early. I thought they were super defensive against Spain and Portugal - it worked though so…They repped African football though proudly. Fair play to them. 

• Like 2

Ideal scenario: France score early from an insane deflection. Emi goes up for a corner in the 98th minute and scores the equaliser. It goes to penalties, and Emi makes the first 3 saves, sealing the match. 

I'm all in for Emi here, I think France will win but i'd absolutely love him to win a World Cup.

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Ideal scenario: France score early from an insane deflection. Emi goes up for a corner in the 98th minute and scores the equaliser. It goes to penalties, and Emi makes the first 3 saves, sealing the match. 

I'm all in for Emi here, I think France will win but i'd absolutely love him to win a World Cup.

I'm balls deep for Emi winning the WC because:
1. He's awesome and he's OURS.
2. If he wins I'd put money on him flying back into B6 the morning of Dec 26th, after a week of non-stop partying, a girl on each arm and he'll not only keeping a clean sheet, but score a hat-trick to win Villa the game against L'pool.

3. If Argentina lose he'll need some time off to get over it and recharge :(

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll tell you what.

Morocco and Moroccans can hold their heads bloody high!

Have loved them in this!

I was in London on the day they got to the semi, I got stuck in central London as they literally took over Trafalgar Square and more. It was incredible and I really wanted them to win.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

There are/were a actually number of different ways to get tickets, obviously, but from what I know (and I may be wrong), the main reason why so many Argentinians possess seats is simply because many Argentinians bought tickets right away and could by different means. They're particularly football crazy. It's a populous nation, too, something like 15x the population of Croatia, for example. Again, I may have this wrong and I reckons it's boringly simplistic , but that's how I would answer your question.  

There are plenty of 'football crazy' nations in this World Cup with comparible (or higher) populations than Argentina AND are willing to travel en-masse. I reason they've acquired their tickets by nefarious means which, as tournament organisers, is on FIFA to police really. It's a shame because the overwhelming bias every game somewhat tarnishes an otherwise perfectly good World Cup (football-wise).

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I was in London on the day they got to the semi, I got stuck in central London as they literally took over Trafalgar Square and more.

Moroccans taking over London?

nigel-farage-nigel.gif