World Cup: Matches

Genie

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

11 goals and 7 assists in 25 games is impressive but he has played more games than anybody in the competition history but his stats are lower than his club record and other players have better stats than him per game.

Tonight was only his 3rd goal ever in the knockout phase and they were all scored this year, 2 penalties

So?

• Like 1

This might have been asked already, but how have Argentina have been allocated so many tickets?

Throughout this tournament, they've almost packed out the stadiums for every game, whereas their opponents have only been allocated small pockets of fans (bar, perhaps, the Saudi match). What's going on there? I've never seen this at a major international tournament before.

It's like they have a home game every time, which is a bit unfair really.

30 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

This might have been asked already, but how have Argentina have been allocated so many tickets?

Throughout this tournament, they've almost packed out the stadiums for every game, whereas their opponents have only been allocated small pockets of fans (bar, perhaps, the Saudi match). What's going on there? I've never seen this at a major international tournament before.

The social media rumour was after the SA games the argie FA rounded up a load of ultras and shipped them over there on a jolly

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The social media rumour was after the SA games the argie FA rounded up a load of ultras and shipped them over there on a jolly

That plus European fans have not travelled as well plus I read a lot of Indian and Pakistan fans are in Qatar and Messi is a big hero for them

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Whats this flicking out of the arm that all Argentinians seem to do when singing/chanting

I actually think it's meant to say in effect, "So hot it makes your fingers burn".

10 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

They should have given each set of fans a fixed amount and then have the usual number of corporate/sponsor/delegate seats.

It's a huge advantage, especially with the noise they make.

Croatia or Dutch fans didnt seem so happy to travel in the first place so thats probably why extra tickets given to Argentina

Dayot Upamecano and Adrien Rabiot both sick for France (might still play). They've been having a almost comical time with injuries and stuff ahead of and under this WC. Good thing they have as good a talent pool as anyone in the world.

On the positive side Benzema is apparently injury free and he is still registered for them.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What's the point of the third place play off? Like there arent teams who went out in the quarters desperate to know whether they finished 5th or 7th.

Because unlike England, most countries take great pride in the national team, it's a matter of highest importance. 

So being 3rd in the world is a pretty big deal for most. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Beastmix said:

I would say a lot of them are Messi fans rather than Argentina fans. 

4 hours ago, turvontour said:

What's the point of the third place play off? Like there arent teams who went out in the quarters desperate to know whether they finished 5th or 7th.

We need it to find out who gets the third place prize money in the office sweeps!

14 hours ago, Beastmix said:

No info to back it up, but I guess they are just world cup crazy. 

Anyone can get a ticket to any game if you pay enough money. I would assume tickets in a somewhat exotic location are not exactly bought out by young german/english fans so there is availability for those who really want to make it. 

Quick google and I found this:

FINAL: ArgentinavWinner Match 62 (FRA - MOR) Tickets

Sunday, 18 December 2022 18:00

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/winner-match-61-v-winner-match-62-tickets-world-cup-2022-final.html

34 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

No info to back it up, but I guess they are just world cup crazy. 

Anyone can get a ticket to any game if you pay enough money. I would assume tickets in a somewhat exotic location are not exactly bought out by young german/english fans so there is availability for those who really want to make it. 

Quick google and I found this:

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/winner-match-61-v-winner-match-62-tickets-world-cup-2022-final.html

Argentinian fans have to travel further though, surely? I'm not sure the location of the World Cup makes much difference, unless we're talking about the hosts or immediate neighbouring countries. Croatia is far nearer to Qatar than Argentina.