World Cup: Matches

Genie

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Suarez gets a lot of shit for the handball against Ghana, but it was just a brilliant decision.

I'd have done it.

Still, amusing to see him looking all helpless and dejected on the bench today.

The thing is with the penalty they wanted from the Cavani incident he clearly put his leg across the defender in order to get tangled up and wanted the penalty. If the defender had clearly put his leg across Cavani they would also have wanted the penalty. So never a penalty and the Uruguayan players are a bunch of sulky cocks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm in thr Queen Victoria pub in Valletta, Malta, stood next to a Uruguayan just as South Korea score to knock them out. It's a beautiful sight. I can almost taste their tears 🤣🤣🤣

With any luck you lot will experience a similar feeling Sunday evening 😃

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But thats the thing the "experts" who some know their stuff are saying same thing so its not as simple as some on here are making out

Like zatman said if it’s so obvious why didnt fifa release the images? It stinks

Being a retired footballer does not make you an expert with regards to how light travels. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, picicata said:

The thing is with the penalty they wanted from the Cavani incident he clearly put his leg across the defender in order to get tangled up and wanted the penalty. If the defender had clearly put his leg across Cavani they would also have wanted the penalty. So never a penalty and the Uruguayan players are a bunch of sulky cocks

Yes, it’s the same myth that contact = foul. It’s not foul anywhere else on the pitch so why should it be a penalty? 

Did the BBC bring up the Uruguayan stamps? Probably not 

56 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

What a save from the Ghanaian keeper it was offside anyway but he nearly broke his neck for that.

Save if the tournament for me, even if it would have been offside anyway.

• Like 1

Uruguay deserve to go out for some pretty shocking lineups and decision making from their manager.

Not sure how far the AFC teams will go but love to see the commitment from the players. It's a knockout tourney. You don't have to be the best team, just better on that day.

And as a side note - just a lot of arrogance from the European and SA teams that thought these other nations would just roll over for them. Lazy defending, trying to pass the ball into the net. Even though Argentina have had a shaky start, I think that's why I favor Brazil and Argentina. Commitment off the ball and got the magic touch on the the other end to score goals.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 2