Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

He's better than Mings

Wasn’t a commentary on their abilities. I just meant our record without Mings was garbage compared to our record with him. Looks like we’re heading that way with Pau. Our LCB’s are seemingly the most important position for our squads, lol.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Wasn’t a commentary on their abilities. I just meant our record without Mings was garbage compared to our record with him. Looks like we’re heading that way with Pau. Our LCB’s are seemingly the most important position for our squads, lol.

It’s because they’re the two leaders on the pitch. They are constantly talking and positioning the others around them. 

I was surprised Pau had that ability - he gave Diego the most wonderfully elegant of rockets in one of the games where he didn’t step up for an offside. 

Tielemans is another one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently :

" Our record in the Prem with and without Pau...

With -
12 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses

Without -
1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses "

Fact:

24 Feb 2023 - to the end of season

With - 0 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses

Without - 10 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses

Over 2 points a game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Fact:

24 Feb 2023 - to the end of season

With - 0 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses

Without - 10 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses

Over 2 points a game.

I think it’s a case of No Mings or Pau is the issue -  for different reasons (?). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not entitlement at all!

It'll just be seen as a huge disappointment and a missed chance, especially because we were flying, beating man City and Arsenal and then couldn't even see off Sheffield, struggled with a 10 man Burnley and lost our home record to a poor Newcastle who hadn't won away from home for nearly a year.

Can't fly forever. Not even City do that.

Time to solve some of these issues and work our way back into form. 

• Like 1

The biggest thing that annoyed me with the game against Newcastle, is the players didnt seem up for it. After the first match at the start of the season, you would think they would want to correct things for themselves and the fans.

Emery likes to use the fans for support, but we were let down in the last match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

We're nowhere near the highest spenders.

Anywhere from 7th to 4th will be avery good season for us.

Sadly kind of what it comes down to isn't it?

Teams with much higher spend, and deeper squads usually come out on top in the end.

For a team like us, or say Brighton, Leicester etc have done in the past, you almost have to be playing out of your skin 90 percent of the time, and be extremely lucky with injuries and form.

Note again on our young signings, I think they will also help us balance more competitions, by being more enthusiastic and capable when getting their chances in Europe and Cups.

Some of our current backups probably almost feel like ( Possibly correct in a sense ) they are too good to only be getting a chance sporadically, and are less up for it and prepared when the chances come

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

The biggest thing that annoyed me with the game against Newcastle, is the players didnt seem up for it. After the first match at the start of the season, you would think they would want to correct things for themselves and the fans.

Emery likes to use the fans for support, but we were let down in the last match.

I think us fans let Emery and the team down a bit too. VP was like a morgue in the first half, nearly until we scored. Need much more noise when we play at home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I think us fans let Emery and the team down a bit too. VP was like a morgue in the first half, nearly until we scored. Need much more noise when we play at home.

You may be right, but if the players were on it from the start, it may of brought the fans in.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spiezels said:

I dont know a fanbase thats as entitled as ours sometimes.

Facts. And I have no idea what it's based on. We haven't won **** all for nearly 30 years. And have been shit for most of it.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sadly kind of what it comes down to isn't it?

Teams with much higher spend, and deeper squads usually come out on top in the end.

For a team like us, or say Brighton, Leicester etc have done in the past, you almost have to be playing out of your skin 90 percent of the time, and be extremely lucky with injuries and form.

Note again on our young signings, I think they will also help us balance more competitions, by being more enthusiastic and capable when getting their chances in Europe and Cups.

Some of our current backups probably almost feel like ( Possibly correct in a sense ) they are too good to only be getting a chance sporadically, and are less up for it and prepared when the chances come

And Emery is more of a europa league manager. 

He doesn't tend to finish in the top 4 a lot which is fine. 

Winning the europa league will be our best bet for CL football just like villareal 

51 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

And Emery is more of a europa league manager. 

He doesn't tend to finish in the top 4 a lot which is fine. 

Winning the europa league will be our best bet for CL football just like villareal 

Bit to pessimistic for me.

Your basically saying if we want league success, we will need a better manager??

Edited by foreveryoung

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Facts. And I have no idea what it's based on. We haven't won **** all for nearly 30 years. And have been shit for most of it.

Any big city club with a large fans base thinks they "should" be winning things. Examples below

Newcastle

Everton

Villa

Spurs

Even Wolves ffs and they've only recovered over the last 5 years or so.

The tin pot clubs know who they are and are very grateful when they are in a run of form and accept more readily when it goes away

Brentford 

Brighton

Luton

Forest (borderline with these guys as i think they might have a few fans who still live in the 1970/80s similar to us)

Palace

Edited by MarkLillis

15 hours ago, spiezels said:

I dont know a fanbase thats as entitled as ours sometimes.

I do, every other fanbase of every other club. We aren't any different to other football fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I do, every other fanbase of every other club. We aren't any different to other football fans.

It's not entitlement that's why. It's just wanting success and trophies something every fan wants. Was a poor comment.

• Like 2

Being called entitled for being unhappy that we've been shit for 9 games is a new one to me.

Are we meant to just pretend we're playing really well?

• Like 4

The players have given us a lot of good times since Unai took over so I think the fans could do with giving them a push when things aren't going so well in return.  Then again I never go to the games so can't complain really.

I don't feel entitled, never have and never will. Yes we should be winning stuff and we probably will be soon. 

Folks need to remember that getting results when playing poorly is harder and we have been doing that. United did that for years...

Emery will sort this but everyone needs to remember we're not gonna win every game by playing teams off the park, at the same time remembering that we've also done it against the best team in Europe. 

Swings and roundabouts

• Like 2

Â